Start Search (also known as start-search.com) is an untrustworthy search engine, which can also be labeled as 'browser hijacker'. Once it enters computer, it starts trying to make people visit affiliate websites via altered search results, annoying pop-up ads and similar techniques. Of course, this is done for a very important reason – helping its developers boost advertising revenue and earn some easy money. So, if you want to receive genuine search results, avoid Start Search redirects and similar issues, you should avoid this site and rely only on Google, Bing, Yahoo or other reputable search engines that are spread all over the world. It must be added that this site may appear on your browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) out of nowhere. In this case, you should scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware and remove Start Search virus from the system.
How can Start Search hijack my computer?
You may notice start-search.com redirects and similar issues on your PC out of nowhere. If you noticed them on each of web browsers, it's a sign that your PC was affected by Start-Search.com virus. In order to avoid this or other hijackers, you should know that there are hundreds of free applications that have been involved to its distribution. This method is called bundling. In order to avoid it, you should start monitoring installation process of every free application, including games, download managers, PDF creators and similar programs. You should also avoid Quick or recommended installation and choose only Custom or Advanced method that will give you an opportunity to find every check mark that agrees to install Start Search on the system. If you have already been tricked into downloading it, follow this guide and get rid of its annoying activities.
How to remove Start-search.com?
Technically, Start Search is not a virus. However, it may initiate various problems for you, including annoying redirects, slow downs and similar issues. That's why we recommend following each of these steps and eliminating this hijacker from the system:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that we recommend using Reimage or SpyHunterCombo Cleaner.
- Uninstall Start Search from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Start Search, Snap.do, SavePass, BeeCoupons, etc.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for Start Search, Snap.do, SavePass, BeeCoupons, etc., and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove start-search.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select Start Search, Snap.do, SavePass, BeeCoupons, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate start-search.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select, Start Search, Snap.do, SavePass, BeeCoupons, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate start-search.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.