State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus is a sneaky infection, which blocks its target computers and then shows a misleading alert reporting about invented law violations. In addition, it asks paying the fine of $300 via CashU prepayment system and promises that this will unblock the machine. However, you should never do that if you don't want to lose your money. Just like other CashU viruses, this ransomware virus is distributed only in Qatar but you should also be careful even if you live in other Arabic, American or European country because there are many similar versions that are spread in these regions. Typically, State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus enters PC via security vulnerabilities found that appear when users forget to update their security software. Please, don't forget about that and remove State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus if you have already been infected by this malware.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus?
When trying to avoid State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus, you should stay away from spam and annoying pop-up notifications that typically offer updating legitimate software. If you need the update, you should use official websites, not such pop-ups that have a great potential of infecting the system with malware. As soon as it gets inside, ransomware drops its own files and blocks the system. In addition, it shows a huge notification that hides all icons from the desktop and claims about the illegal use of copyrighted content and pornography. If your computer is locked and you can't use it properly, you should check your PC for State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus. Please, never fall for paying $200, $300 or other amount of money because you won't have your PC unblocked in this way.
HOW TO REMOVE State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus?
When trying to remove State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus, the most important thing is to unblock the PC. For that, you can alternatively try one of these methods:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable your virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.
State of Qatar Ministry of Interior virus manual removal: