'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' is a forged message, which should be ignored because it has nothing to do with an anti-piracy organization, called SOPA. Just like all these FBI viruses that pretend to belong to Federal Bureau of Investigation, 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' ransomware seeks to make user believe that he has been caught for illegal usage of copyrighted material and now he has to pay the $200 fine. For that, it offers using Moneypak, which is legitimate (!) prepayment system by the way. To achieve this goal and get some money, scammers completely lock computer's desktop and show this scam message that should never be believed and taken seriously. Be sure, they use the name of S.O.P.A name illegally! If you see 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' message on your desktop, note that you are dangerously infected and you must remove ransomware from your computer.
HOW PEOPLE GET INFECTED WITH 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System'?
In most of the cases, virus, which displays 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' message, is a cause of insecure browsing, when people keep visiting infected websites, download shareware or freeware and open various emails found in their spam box. As soon asthis ransomware is let inside, it locks the system down, so you won't fail to notice this infection. In addition, user is 'welcomed' by 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' alert, which states:
Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System
Your computer is locked!
If you see a warning.txt or warning screen, it means your IP address was included in S.O.P.A. Black List.
One or more of the following items were made from your PC:
1. Downloading or distributing audio or video files protected by Copyright Law.
2. Downloading or distributing illegal content (child porn, phishing software, etc.)
3. Downloading or distributing Software protected by Copyright Law.
As a result of these infringements based on Stop Online Piracy Act (H.R. 3261) your PC and files are now blocked.You can remove your IP from black list and unlock PC and files by paying a fine of 200 (USA and Canada)/200 EUR (via Western Union to other Countries)
WARNING!!!: If you don't pay the fine within 72 HOURS at the amount of 200 USD, all your computer data will be erased
We highly recommend to ignore this alert because there is no such authority, which uses screen lockers and similar techniques to get the fines from users who are accused for copyrighted material piracy. Be sure that 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' is just another way how scammers seek to rip their victims off. If you don't want to lose your money and still suffer from a complete system's lock down, you must remove 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' virus from your computer.
HOW CAN I REMOVE 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' ?
Check if you can get on the Internet and download anti-malware program. If you are allowed, download Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes and run a full system scan with these programs.
If you are completely disabled from doing anything on your computer, follow these tips to disable 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' virus and get ability to launch a scan on your computer:
* Users infected with 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Use Flash Drive method:
- Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
- Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
- In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
- Reboot computer infected with 'Stop Online Piracy Automatic Protection System' virus once more and run a full system scan with Reimage.