SurfEnhance is mostly called a potentially unwanted program or adware. That's because it can easily initiate various problems for PC users. However, the most important thing, why this program was included to our database, is that it infiltrates computers in a bundle with other applications without a clear permission asked. As soon as it does that, Surf Enhance occupies all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. As a result, it gets ability to change start page or default search engine, display commercial notifications and initiate other unwanted activities. Besides, it may start tracking users by recording such information as visited websites, search terms, PC’s IP address and similar. If you want to avoid that, you should remove SurfEnhance.
HOW CAN SurfEnhance APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
You can download SurfEnhance on your computer just like any other application. However, hundreds of people fall for allowing this program to enter their computers uwhen they download other programs. That's because SurfEnhance is mostly promoted using an unfair distribution method, which is known as ‘bundling’. Typically, SurfEnhance infiltrates computer as a component of download managers, PDF creators and similar programs. In order to prevent its infiltration, you should pay more attention to the installation process of these programs and uncheck the check box that agrees to install SurfEnhance. Leaving this check mark will allow installation of this program. After that, it will initiate previously mentioned activities.
HOW TO REMOVE SurfEnhance?
If you want to get rid of continuous SurfEnhance and its ads, you have to remove this program from your computer. For that, you need to follow these steps:
- Scan your computer with one of these antiviruses: Malwarebytes, Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. You have to remove malicious files from your computer.
- Remove SurfEnhance from Add/Remove Programs. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for SurfEnhance and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
TIP: You should also check the list for these programs and uninstall them as well: LyricsSay-1, LyricXeeker, HD-Plus, Browse2Save, WebCake 3.00, DownloadTerms 1.0, LyricsBuddy-1, SuperLyrics-1, ElectroLyrics-1, a2zLyrics-1, SimpleLyrics,1ClickDownload, Superfish, Yontoo and FBPhotoZoom.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall SurfEnhance and any other unknown extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find SurfEnhance and other entries that are unknown for you, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find SurfEnhance and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.