Systemversion.com is yet another questionable website that may cause annoying pop-up ads during your browsing. It seems that it tries to mislead people by displaying fake notifications about potential dangers:
Warning: CPU Virus Check
Your computer may be infected. System detected 2 Potentially Malicious Viruses: Rootkit.Sirefef.Spy and Trojan.FakeAV-Download. Your personal and financial information may not be safe. To remove viruses, call Tech Support Online Now: 1(888) 643-9730.
By showing this deceptive message, developers of this adware are trying to trick people into calling this number or downloading some sort of unreliable anti-spyware programs. If you are seeing similar pop-ups while browsing on the web, there is a high possibility that you system is infected with Systemversion.com virus. Don't click on these pop-ups, don't call any number that is given in the notification and don't download any questionable programs.
How can Systemversion.com pop-up ads appear on my computer?
These or similar pop-up ads appear on computers when its system is infected with a adware program. Adware programs often rely on questionable distribution methods, so users should be very careful when browsing doubtful websites, clicking on questionable ads, downloading dubious programs, etc. When installing free softwares you aren't familiar with, it is better to select “custom” or “advanced” installation method. By doing so, you can easily track every installation step of the freeware and unmark any extensions and/or accessories you are not familiar with. If you have a suspicion that Systemversion.com hijacked your system without your permission, these following steps below will help you safely and quickly remove it. It's also recommended to scan your system with reliable and legitimate anti-malware tool.
How to remove Systemversion.com popups?
In order to remove Systemversion.com pop-up virus, you should waste no time and scan it with reliable anti-spyware. We recommend using Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner. As soon as you finish that, reset your browsers with a help of these steps and make sure that you can browse the web without any undesired interruptions:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- No click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.