TasticSurf is advertised as a program that can improve your browsing experience better: it promises to display more relevant advertisements, inform about all sorts of coupons and show price comparisons while visiting such websites as Amazon, Ebay, Facebook, Youtube, etc. However, after testing this program on your computers, we discovered that TasticSuft may be just another program that can be categorized as an “adware”. This potentially unwanted program may initiate additional pop-ups, in-text ads and other banner-type advertisements whether you want to receive them or not. As soon as it infiltrates the system, TasticSurf hijacks each of your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) and starts convincing people to click on one of its ads. Sometimes you may be redirected to questionable and unsafe websites, so watch out!
How can TasticSurf ads appear on my computer?
Developers of TasticSurf and similar questionable programs are becoming more and more inventive with the methods that are used to distribute their creations. Sometimes this and similar ad-supported plug-ins may be attached to various free programs, so you should be very careful when downloading freeware from the web. If installing a program you are not sure about, it's better to select “custom” or similar installation method. By doing so, you can easily follow the entire installation process and unmark all questionable extensions, such as TasticSurf. If you are experiencing uncontrollable pop-ups (Ads by TasticSuft, TasticSurf Deals, Brought to you by TasticSurf, etc.) while browsing, it means that TasticSurf virus has been injected into your system. There is only one way to get rid of these annoying ads – by removing it from the system.
How to remove TasticSurf from my computer?
Removing TasticSurf or similar potentially unwanted program (PUP) from the system is quite easy. You just need to follow these steps that were designed by our security experts:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for BeatTool and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.