The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus or The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland ransomware is the latest Ukash parasite, which is set to attack Ireland. When trying to prevent infiltration of this virus, those who live in this country should stay away from illegal sites and stop using illegal software. If it gets inside the PC, ransomware modifies the system and locks it down. In addition, it starts asking to pay the fine of 100 euro for unblocking it. This infection doesn't forget to explain why computer is blocked: The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus reports about the use of copyrighted content, distribution of malware and similar illegal activities. You should ignore this alert and never pay the fine because you will lose your money! If you want to fix your PC, remove The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus from the system.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus?
The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus, just like any other ransomware, relies on trojan horse when it seeks to infiltrate its target PC system. You can get infected with such virus when visiting illegal websites or downloading freeware on your computer. In addition, misleading emails have also been used for the distribution of this ransomware, so stay away from the as well! As soon as it downloads malicious files that belong to The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus, computer's desktop changes and victim starts seeing pop-up alert that claims: ‘ATTENTION! Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below'. If you see such notification, you should use a reputable security software and remove The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus from your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus?
If your PC is blocked, there is a huge chance that your PC is infected with The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus. When trying to unblock it, try to reboot your PC to Safe Mode with Networking or Safe Mode with Command Prompt and follow these steps:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Malwarebytes, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Manual The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.
If you can't reboot to Safe Mode with Networking, try these options:
* Users infected with The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
The Guardians of the Peace of Ireland virus manual removal: