What is Themedia-player.com?
Themedia-palyer.com is an advertising platform that has been misused by cyber criminals and people who seek to trick PC users into downloading adware-type programs on their computers. If you started noticing ads that report about missing updates and offer you to download them for free, it's a sign that your PC may be hijacked. Typically, Themedia-palyer.com ads appear after installation of the adware that is spread in a bundle with freeware, shareware and similar suspicious software. Once inside, adware modifies the system and starts displaying aforementioned advertisements. At the moment of writing it is known that Themedia-palyer.com-related adware is spread alongside StormAlerts program that has also been included to our blog. Please, ignore all ads offering you to install FLV Player and similar programs. If you happen to see such offers, you should waste no time and scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware. Otherwise, you may be tricked into downloading other suspicious programs, suffer from redirects to unknown website or fall for other insecure things. That's why you should never click on ads generated by this advertising platform. In addition, this questionable application may also be used for collecting data related to your browsing habits. Such data may include IP and email address, search queries that you type, websites visited, clicks, browser's type and so on. It is stated that such information is used for marketing purposes; however, having in mind that some pieces of information might be personally identifiable and shared with third parties, it is not recommended ignoring these ads and keeping programs that are responsible for them. In order to get rid of intrusive Themedia-palyer.com virus, you should remove all aware-type programs that may be hiding in your computer.
How can Themedia-palyer.com hijack my computer?
If you wonder how to avoid infiltration of adwares and similar programs, you should know that it is all in your hands. Since Themedia-palyer.com virus is installed bundled with various freewares and sharewares, you have to be more attentive during their installation. Developers of free programs gain financial profit for allowing to add third party advertisements along with their programs. Therefore, if you are not attentive enough during installation of various questionable download managers, PDF creators, music players and similar programs, it is very probable that you will install Themedia-palyer.com virus or other similar programs. Usually you can see what programs are bundled with the software you need at its installation steps. However, sometimes they are presented in a very tricky way or they are completely hidden. That's why you should always opt out for Advanced or Custom installation mode and follow the process carefully. Deselect all check boxes that suggest to install recommended programs, such as add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars or extensions. Never agree to change your homepage and search engine to unknown websites either, as most likely you will agree to install browser hijacker or similar type program. Be careful and avoid downloading Themedia-palyer.com-related programs. If it's too late, the only thing you can do is to remove it along with other potentially unwanted programs and registry files.
How to remove Themedia-palyer.com virus form my computer?
You can get rid of Themedia-palyer.com pop-uop ads by removing StormAlerts and similar adware-type applications from your computer. Since it's hard to detect them manually, we recommend using reliable anti-spyware because it is capable of detecting all suspicious programs at once.
You can remove Themedia-player.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Themedia-player.com ads Removal Guide:
Remove Themedia-player.com from Windows systems
Uninstall Themedia-player.com and related programs
Here, look for Themedia-player.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Themedia-player.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Themedia-player.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Themedia-player.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Themedia-player.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Themedia-player.com removal.
Remove Themedia-player.com ads from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, Themedia-player.com should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Themedia-player.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Themedia-player.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Themedia-player.com removal.
Remove Themedia-player.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Themedia-player.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Themedia-player.com removal.
Remove Themedia-player.com from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Themedia-player.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Themedia-player.com removal process.