Trunk of Savings is not what you may have thought when you saw this application for the first time. No matter that it may look like a valuable tool, which is prepared for helping you save the money, it displays only questionable ads that are used for redirecting people to affiliate websites. In addition to that, it may also start tracking your browsing habits and collect such data as what sites you like the most and what data you enter on them. Security experts claim that this can easily initiate privacy related issues and other problems, so you should never keep such programs on your computer. If you have already noticed Trunk of Savings redirects and ads during your browsing, it's a sign that this program has already infiltrated it. Please, do NOT ignore that and scan your machine with reputable anti-spyware.
How can Trunk of Savings hijack my computer?
There is a wide list of methods that are used for spreading such programs as Trunk of Savings. You can easily download this application from its official website. However, the most popular way that is used for distribution of this adware is called bundling. It's is closely related to such programs as download managers, PDF creators and other apps that look safe and useful. However, when installing such applications on the system, you should remember that they can be filled with various components. They are typically called as 'optional downloads' and are used for monetization. For avoiding them, you should choose Custom or Advanced installation and then look for check marks that agree with the installation of this adware-type application. If Trunk of Savings virus has already affected it, you should follow these steps:
How to remove Trunk of Savings virus?
Trunk of Savings is a potentially unwanted program that can easily be used for various annoying activities. It may start causing system's slow downs, initiate redirects to unfamiliar websites or simply show its ads as soon as you start your browsing. For avoiding these activities, you should remove Trunk of Savings from the system with a help of these steps:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
- Remove BetterDeals from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Trunk of Savings, Discount Cow, V-bates, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Zombie Alert, Wajam, Coupon Server, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, BlockAndSurf, Safe Saver, SupTab, Search Protect, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Savings Bull, TidyNetwork, Search Snacks, MyPC Backup, Re-markit.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Trunk of Savings.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.