Ultra Notifier (also known as Ultra Downloads Notifier) is a very untrustworthy program that may initiate many unwanted activities behind your back. This application was developed by a company named UltraDownloads and is promoted as a useful tool that displays notifications about newly released updates. However, first impression may be deceiving because there are many anti-spywares that recognize Ultra Notifier as a potential unwanted program or adware. If Ultra Notifier hijacks your system, it may silently work in its background: it may modify its settings, start continuous redirects and display annoying advertisements in order to drive traffic to affiliate websites. If you noticed a process called utils.exe running in the Windows Task Manager, it's a sign that Ultra Notifier has been downloaded on your computer. If that is the case, you should remove this questionable application as soon as possible.
How can Ultra Notifier hijack my computer?
This adware is usually traveling around together with freewares as an extra attachment, so if you download a program from UltraDownloads official page, you may also download Ultra Notifier virus. Download clients and installers from doubtful sources are usually allow its infiltration. In order to protect your computer from similar unwanted intruders, you should be very careful and attentive what programs you are installing and what attachments they have. You should closely check every single program you want to install by reading its end-user license agreement section. Also, don't rush the installation process and always select advanced or custom installation method for closely following the whole installation progress of the freeware. Finally, opt out of any unwanted/suspicious plug-ins or changes that may be offered for you during installation. Sounds simple, right? Unfortunately, sometimes these pesky intruders enter systems unnoticed. In this case, you should follow these steps:
How to remove Ultra Notifier virus from my computer?
In order to avoid Ultra Notifier redirects, various advertisements and other unwanted activities, you need to remove this plug-in. Don't worry, just follow these instructions and safely remove it from your computer:
- Scan your PC with reliable and well-known anti-spyware program, such as Reimage, Malwarebytes, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to Ultra Notifier:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as ultra notifier, Sedori, Search Assist, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon and go to 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Go to 'Toolbars and extensions' and remove ultra notifier and other unknown extensions.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the orange arrow button (left corner) and go to 'Add-ons'.
2. Here, choose 'Extensions’ and remove ultra notifier and other unknown extensions from the list.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for ultra notifier and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.