Unité Spéciale de la Police virus is a serious ransomware, which seeks the only thing – to scare its victims and swindle their money. This virus is especially active in Luxembourg but it may also show up in other countries that are in the same continent. If your computer is locked and you see a warning that claims “Attention! Votre ordinateur personnel est bloqué pour des raisons de sécurité”, you are infected with this particular infection, which is called Unité Spéciale de la Police virus. In this case, the most important thing is to ignore the fake warning and NEVER pay a fine. If you want to fix your machine, you should unlock your computer first and then remove malicious files from the system.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Unité Spéciale de la Police virus?
Unité Spéciale de la Police virus is spread by trojan horse, which is called Trojan.LockScreen or Trojan Urausy. You can get infected with it when visiting illegal websites, using illegal software, downloading attachments that come via spam and doing other unwise decisions. As soon as such trojan horse enters computer, it makes several system's changes that help Unité Spéciale de la Police virus start its work every time user reboots computer. As a result, virus locks down the system and starts showing its fake alert that reports about invented online crimes. In addition, it asks to pay the fine of 100 dollars via Ukash, Paysafecard or other prepayment system. Please, ignore Unité Spéciale de la Police virus and its fake warning because it seeks to steal your money! You must remove malicious files from your computer in order to start using your computer as always.
HOW TO REMOVE Unité Spéciale de la Police virus?
In order to unlock your computer and remove the counterfeit message that belongs to Unité Spéciale de la Police virus, we recommend using only automated removal tools, like anti-virus and anti-malware programs. If you can't get online and download these programs, follow these steps to unlock your computer:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Unité Spéciale de la Police virus once more and run a full system scan with your anti-spyware.
* Users infected with Unité Spéciale de la Police virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Unité Spéciale de la Police virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining files.