Updating-your-browser.org is a malicious domain, which is used to distribute adware. If you enter this site, it declares that you have to update your browser. However, no matter how trustworthy this alert looks, it seeks the only thing – to make people install adware. At the moment of writing, this fake page is used to spread Optimizer Pro, YTDownloader and Shopper-Pro programs that have already be included to the category of PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). If you noticed that your browser started redirecting you to Updating-your-browser.org, scan your computer with updated anti-spyware. Otherwise, you may put your computer in a great danger.
How can Updating-your-browser.org appear on my compyter?
Updating-your-browser.org is promoted using freeware and shareware. If you want to avoid redirections to this site, make sure you avoid unlicensed programs and also pay more attention to freeware's installation. Typically, you should try to find the check mark that says that you agree to install extensions, add-ons and similar optional downloads. Otherwise, you should be prepared for continuous redirections to Updating-your-browser.org no matter which browser you decide to use. If you noticed that, don't waste your time and check your computer with updated anti-spyware.
how to remove Updating-your-browser.org?
If you were redirected to Updating-your-browser.org, you must leave this site immediately. If you were tricked into installing a fake update, you should waste no time and scan your computer with updated anti-spyware. We recommend using Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner. Finally, don't forget to uninstall this adware from your computer:
- Uninstall all programs that are related to BetterMarkit:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Optimizer Pro, YTDownloader and Shopper-Pro and similar entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and OK to save the changes.
- Fix each of your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Optimizer Pro, YTDownloader and Shopper-Pro and other unknown extensions.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Optimizer Pro, YTDownloader and Shopper-Pro and similar entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Optimizer Pro, YTDownloader and Shopper-Pro and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.