What is Video Dimmer?
Video Dimmer is an application that offers you to enhance your browser and enable video dimming when you view online videos. It works exactly the same as Tube Dimmer. Although this program may look legitimate and useful, there are a couple of things that you should know. This application can barely give anything useful in return because Video Dimmer is labeled as an adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). This program is completely free; therefore, do not be surprised if you get flooded with Video Dimmer ads. This application may display sponsored ads in order to drive traffic to affiliate websites and to make money for its developers. Hence, if you see Video Dimmer ads on every single website that you visit, we highly recommend following the removal guide down below. It is also recommended to scan your computer and make sure whether you do not have more unwanted intruders on your computer.
How can Video Dimmer hijack my computer?
You can easily download this program yourself. As we have mentioned before, Video Dimmer virus is promoted as an extension for your browser. Furthermore, adwares and potentially unwanted programs rely on other programs for their distribution. Video Dimmer is not an exception; therefore, this dubious program may travel bundled with various free programs from all over the web. Researches have shown that free programs are the main cause of an adware infection. Keeping that in mind, you should stay avoid from questionable download pages and unfamiliar freewares. If you are going to install a free program, you should find as much information as possible. Read comments and opinions from other people. Besides, read end-user license agreement (EULA) part of your desired program. This information can be extremely valuable if you have even the slightest doubts about your desired program. Moreover, if you are going to install an unfamiliar freeware, it is better to avoid 'quick', 'basic' or 'recommended' installation option. If you rush the process and click the 'next' button, you may unintentionally add Video Dimmer virus as well.
How to remove Video Dimmer adware fro my computer?
Don't suffer from Video Dimmer redirects and annoying ads. You just need to follow removal instructions that are submitted down below.
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Remove Video Dimmer from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Video Dimmer (Publisher: Small Island Development) or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove Video Dimmer extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as Video Dimmer and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as Video Dimmer and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like Video Dimmer and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.