Video HD Helper is yet another useless plug-in that was design to make a profit out of pay-per-click advertisements. This extension for your browser may be promoted as a tool that should help you view or stream high-definition videos. Although that sounds great, it is promoted that way in order to trick internet users into downloading it. Video HD Helper is recognized as an adware-type program that may flood you with irritating advertisements and redirect you to sponsored websites. This unwanted program may also track your online activities and use this information for various commercial reasons. We highly recommend removing Video HD Helper from your computer because this application has nothing useful to offer and can only cause troubles.
How can Video HD Helper hijack my computer?
It looks like this program usually travels via freewares, sharewares and other free applications. In fact, this method is commonly used by similar ad-supported extensions and various adwares. Therefore, if you are not attentive enough when installing doubtful freewares, you may get this unwanted “gift”. Video HD Helper virus usually comes as an additional attachment with free applications, such as YouTube Downloader, HD Video Codecs, etc. Moreover, we also have noticed that similar programs may be transmitted via online advertising platforms. You may get a fake update notification, stating that you need to update your Flash Player, Adobe, Media Player… and by clicking agree, you may unintentionally download Video HD Helper virus. Please be careful and avoid downloading unfamiliar programs without checking them first. Besides, you should only use reliable and well-known update websites.
How to remove Video HD Helper from my computer?
Sometimes similar ad-supported programs may drop registry entries in order to cause difficulties when you are trying to remove these unwanted intruders. For that reason, you should scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. Follow this manual instruction and stop Video HD Helper ads from appearing.
- Remove Video HD Helper from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Video HD Helper or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Video HD Helper or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.