Video-high (can also be found as Video-high by videohq) is another adware, which has been analyzed by many security experts. The most important thing about this application is that it spreads around in a bundle with other poorly-rated applications, such as Jollywallet, TornTV and similar programs that promise to improve people's browsing experience, increase videos' quality and similar things. If you were tricked into installing this browser extension on the system, you may notice the opposite affect. An increased amount of commercial pop-up notifications, redirects to unfamiliar sites, appearance of various toolbars and similar problems may be the signs showing that Video-high virus is inside your computer. In order to avoid more serious problems, we highly recommend you to scan your PC with reputable anti-spyware and make sure you fully remove Video-high.
How can Video-high infiltrate my computer?
Technically, Video-high is not a virus that could pose a harm to computer. However, it's one of these programs that apply misleading techniques for making people visit predetermined websites or install predetermined programs. In order to avoid Video-high redirects and similar issues, you should know what methods are used for spreading it. In most of the cases, it infiltrates PCs in a bundle with freewares and sharewares, so you should always try to monitor installation process of such programs. The easiest way to do that is to choose Custom or Advanced installation process and then uncheck unfamiliar check marks that typically claim that you agree to install Video-high by videohq or similar extensions, add-ons or plugins. If you leave this check mark, you should be prepared for annoying commercials that tend to appear when visiting shopping sites. Please, stay away from these notifications and follow a guide below in order to get rid of them for good:
How to remove Video-high?
Video-high redirects to commercial sites and pop-up notifications is a sign showing that you were tricked into installing potentially unwanted program or adware. In order to remove it from the system, you should follow these simple steps. Don't forget to scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware in order to make sure that it's free of malicious programs and files. For that we recommend using Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner.
In order to uninstall Video-high by videohq, follow these steps:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Video-high, Jollywallet and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the 'Gear” icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- When 'Reset Internet Explorer Settings' window appears, check the 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click OK to save these changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on 'Firefox' button.
- Then go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Open Google Chrome and click on menu button.
- As soon as 'Settings' window appears, click on 'Show advanced settings'
- Scroll down until you find 'Reset browser settings' button and click 'Reset'.
- Restart Google Chrome to save changes.