VideoX is a very untrustworthy extension for your browser that you should avoid installing and using. This dubious application usually travels as an additional attachment together with such programs as Free HD Video Codecs, Video Downloader, etc. This questionable program may enter your computer behind your back and force you to see VideoX ads everywhere you go. That is why many respectable security vendors are labeling this application as a potential threat. Therefore, if you see annoying ads and pop-ups that are labeled as 'Ads by VideoX', 'VideoX Deals', 'Powered by VideoX', 'Bought by VideoX', 'Ads not by this site', you should be concerned. Scan your computer with a reliable security tool and remove this potentially unwanted program. Follow the removal instruction that is submitted down below and eliminate VideoX adware from your PC.
How can VideoX hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned above, VideoX virus may spread using a very deceptive distribution tactic that is called bundling. It fact, many adwares and potentially unwanted programs are using this unfair distribution method in order to reach its victim's computer. Don't worry, if you are attentive and careful enough, you should easily spot such unwanted attachments and eliminate them before they reach your computer. In order to avoid VideoX virus, you should choose 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option and follow every step of the installation. If you skip a single step when installing unfamiliar freewares, you can easily overlook and add VideoX adware to your system. If this useless extension is already hiding in your system, and now you are experiencing VideoX redirects, the removal instruction should help you.
How to remove VideoX adware from my computer?
This ad-supported application can make your browsing experience like hell. Many internet users are complaining that this trespasser may appear out of nowhere and generate intrusive advertisements. If that is the case, follow these guidelines and get rid of VideoX virus.
- Remove VideoX from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as VideoX, Videox, VideoX 2.0, Coinis Downloader, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove VideoX extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as VideoX and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as VideoX and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional)
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like VideoX and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.