Vista Smart Security 2010 is a rogue anti-spyware program that is distributed through the use of Trojans just like all the other rogue programs. Trojans may come from fake online scanners, infected or malicious video websites or bundled with other malware. Vista Smart Security 2010 displays a list of false system security threats to scare you into thinking that your computer is infected with malicious software. Then it will ask you to pay for a full version of the program to remove the infections. The scan results are false and the reported infections don’t actually exist. Don’t pay for this bogus software and uninstall it form your computer as soon as possible.
Once running, Vista Smart Security 2010 will also block legitimate and well known anti-virus and anti-spyware programs to protect itself from being removed. To make things worse, it will probably block task manager and registry editor as these tools are very helpful when removing Vista Smart Security 2010 virus. You will have to complete several additional steps to make your PC work again. Please follow the removal instructions below to remove Vista Smart Security 2010 infection from your computer completely.
Vista Smart Security 2010 removal instructions:
1. Click Start->Run (or WinKey+R). Input: “command”. Press Enter or click OK.
2. Type “notepad” as shown in the image below and press Enter. Notepad will open.
3. Copy and past the following text into Notepad:
4. Save file as “exefix.reg” (without quotation-marks) to your Desktop.
NOTE: choose Save as type: All files
5. Double-click to open exefix.reg. Click “Yes” for Registry Editor prompt window.
6. Download STOPzilla or an automatic removal tool below. Update STOPzilla and run a full system scan.
If you can’t complete the above steps then please use another PC to download an automatic removal tool and exefix.reg (Right Click (Save Target As)) to download file. Copy these files to USB flash drive or any other external media and transfer them to infected computer. Launch exefix.reg file first and then install STOPzilla.
Vista Smart Security 2010 manual removal: