What is Vofiles.com?
Vofiles.com is questionable search site that is recognized as a marketing platform. Security experts warn that it may be used for spreading potentially unwanted programs, such as adwares and browser hijackers. As stated on its official website:
vofile.com is distributing modified installers which differ from the originals. The installer will make recommendations for additional free software that you may be interested in. Additional software may include toolbars, browser add-ons, game applications, anti-virus applications, and other types of applications.
In fact, Vofiles.com marketing platform itself is usually caused by an adware, so if you are receiving pop-up ads, alerts, banners, and various notifications that recommend or urge you to download or update certain software, it’s very likely that you’ve installed an ad-supported browser add-on that is lurking on a PC’s system. The problem is that Vofiles.com ads may show up whenever you browse the net and try to make you install unwanted programs like, for instance, rogue anti-spywares (Protective Antivirus 2015, Live Security Professional, etc.), adwares (Reimage, DNS Unlocker) or browser hijackers (BoBrowser.com, Search.protectedio.com). Therefore, do not fall for installing Google Chrome, Yahoo Messenger, CCleaner, Picasa or any other legitimate application if its installer is brought by Vofiles.com redirect virus because you may easily fall for installing all ‘optional downloads’ what may lead to tons of ads during browsing, redirects, corrupt browser’s settings, and so on.
Even more, it may display fake software update alerts (Java, Flash Player, Media Player, Google Chrome, download manager, etc.). However, no matter how convincing they may look, you should be aware of Vofiles.com pop-up ads because they may spread software bundles as well. Last, but not least, Vofiles.com virus may be involved in data related to people’s browsing habits collection. Therefore, if you want to keep your computer away from various PUPs or even viruses, our recommendation would be to remove Vofiles.com virus from the system right away using Reimage or another reputable anti-malware.
How can Vofiles.com hijack my computer?
Vofiles.com ads may trick you into installing other potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). Therefore, any content brought for you by this domain should not be touched. In order to avoid infiltration of such and similar PUPs, you have to start dedicating more time for freeware’s installation process. The selection of Quick or Basic installation is not recommended due to the fact that this way you may not be presented with the additional components. In contrast, when checking Advanced or Custom settings, you may be surprised after finding out a bunch of ‘optional components’ that you selected freeware is carrying set by default. So make sure that you check expanded installation settings and opt out of propositions to install a browser add-on, plug-in, toolbar or extension on your PC’s system. Otherwise, Vofiles.com redirects, ads, and other inconveniences may start bothering you during each web browsing session.
How to remove Vofiles.com virus?
Do not fall for Vofiles.com ads no matter how catchy-looking they may appear. The main purpose of this marketing platform is to trick you into installing other potentially unwanted programs, but don’t let this happen. Remove Vofiles.com virus before it causes you troubles!
You can remove Vofiles.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Vofiles.com virus Removal Guide:
Remove Vofiles.com from Windows systems
Uninstall Vofiles.com and related programs
Here, look for Vofiles.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Vofiles.com from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Vofiles.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Vofiles.com from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Vofiles.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Vofiles.com removal.
Remove Vofiles.com virus from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, Vofiles.com should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Vofiles.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Vofiles.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Vofiles.com removal.
Remove Vofiles.com from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Vofiles.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Vofiles.com removal.
Remove Vofiles.com from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Vofiles.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Vofiles.com removal process.