Wallpaper Changer is yet another free program that is supported by advertisements and may force you to see annoying pop-ups everywhere you go. Although this program is advertised as a useful tool that helps to manage your wallpapers, you should think twice if you want to install this application. Unfortunately, in order to enjoy these free services, you may have to endure tons of annoying ads. Wallpaper Changer is not a malicious application, this program is rather annoying. This untrustworthy program is capable of tracking your online activities and show irritating ads that are based on your online history. These ads can be extremely distracting because they may pop-out anywhere. If you install this program, you may have no control over when and where these ads may appear.
How can Wallpaper Changer hijack my computer?
You can download Wallpaper Changer virus from various download websites, such as download.com or softonic.com. Moreover, even various freewares and shareware may carry this program as an extra addition. People often forget to check what programs they are installing. That is how this program may enter your computer. In order to protect your computer from similar unwanted programs, such as Wallpaper Changer, you need to check all programs that you want to install. You just need a couple of minutes in order to find out whether the program that you are going to install is safe enough and if it has unwanted accessories attached to it. Read end-user license agreement section before you have started the installation. You should also select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option for questionable programs.
How to remove Wallpaper Changer from my computer?
Wallpaper Changer ads can be extremely annoying and make your browsing experience unbearable. Follow these simple steps and remove this program from your computer.
- Remove Wallpaper Changer from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Wallpaper Changer or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Wallpaper Changer or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.