Web Waltz is a doubtful program, which seems like it was created mostly for advertising and commercial reasons. In general, this ad-supported plug-in is referred to as an adware or a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It promises a lot of useful features, such as more relevant ads, all sorts of coupons and comparison deals while browsing such websites as Amazon.com, Ebay.com and similar sites for internet shoppers. Sounds quite attractive and useful, right? Well, we consider the opposite. Web Waltz can hardly deliver what it promises to its users. In fact, the only thing it is good at, is displaying irritating visual advertisements and redirecting users to dubious websites. Web Waltz virus may also track and record your private browsing information, sites visited, searched conducted, etc. If you think that this program hijacked your computer, you should waste no time and follow a guide, which is given at the end of this post.
How can Web Waltz infiltrate my computer?
Developers of this unwanted program often rely on deceptive and unfair distribution methods, one of these methods is called bundling. Sometimes you can install this PUP without even knowing about it. You should be very careful when installing free and questionable programs, such as Youtube Accelerator 1.1, HD Video Codecs, Free PDF file converter, etc. In most of the times, these and similar programs may be bundled with questionable third-party programs, such as Web Waltz. Our security experts are strongly recommending to be more attentive when installing free programs, in order to keep your computer safe. Try reading terms of agreement policy section before installation; select advanced or similar installation option when installing; follow each installation step; unmark all questionable accessories/plug-ins/extensions/toolbars you don't want to install. Doing all of these things will help you to avoid Web Waltz redirects. If you are suffering from additional pop-ups (Ads by Web Waltz, Web Waltz Deals, Web Waltz Ads and etc.), it means that you have this unwanted pest tucked in to your system.
How to remove Web Waltz from my computer?
In its nature, Web Waltz isn't a big threat itself, although, in some cases, it may cause a lot of damage. Follow these steps, submitted below for quick and safe removal of this adware. You should also scan your system with legitimate and reliable anti-malware tool, such as Reimage or Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner.
- Once you finish a scan and remove malicious files from the system, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Web Waltz and similar entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes
- Finally, fix each of your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and similar entries, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.