WebBooster is an ad-supported application that is often categorized as an browser hijacker. This doubtful program is promoted as a fun application for internet users that gives ability to display emoticons, access favorite websites, radio broadcasts and a search bar. Sounds great, right? Unfortunately, we are not so sure about that. We have noticed that WebBooster virus may initiate many unwanted activities behind your back. Once it enters the system, it alters home page and default search engine to search.iminent.com, and may also download Iminent Toolbar. As far as we know, these programs are very unreliable because they may try to return for you altered search results, display tons of sponsored messages and similar advertisements. That's why we highly recommend avoiding WebBooster virus with all its components. You can remove them with with a help of reliable anti-spyware.
How can WebBooster hijack my computer?
Usually, this questionable program is traveling together with freewares as an extra attachment. This distribution method is very popular among adwares, potentially unwanted programs and browser hijackers because many people fail to check what programs they are downloading from the internet. Don't worry. You can avoid WebBooster if you want to. You just need to follow a couple of simple rules… First of all, stay away from doubtful websites with illegal content. If you are not careful enough, you may expose your computer to more serious cyber threats. Secondly, avoid downloading unfamiliar free programs without checking them first. Read end-user license agreement (EULA) section in order to find out more information about the program. Thirdly, select advanced or custom installation method if you are installing an unfamiliar program. Therefore, you will get ability to follow the entire installation and opt out of unwanted and suspicious attachments, such as WebBooster.
How to remove WebBooster from my computer?
If you want to avoid WebBooster redirects, advertisements and other unwanted activities, you should remove this hijacker from the system. For that you can follow these instructions:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to WebBooster:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as WebBooster, Iminent Toolbar, Sedori, Search Assist, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Supra Savings, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit, etc.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
- Here, look for WebBooster, Iminent Toolbar, etc., and remove these entries.
- In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
- Remove search.iminent.com and enter your preferred domain name.
- In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
- Set your preferred search engine.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, select WebBooster, Iminent Toolbar and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
- Here, eliminate search.iminent.com and enter your preferred website.
- In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
- Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, select WebBooster, Iminent Toolbar, etc., and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
- Here, eliminate search.iminent.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
- In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
- Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.