WebInternetSecurity (or The Web Internet Security) is a very questionable anti-spyware tool, which allegedly should protect your computer from cyber threats, unwanted intruders and annoying advertisements. This doubtful program also claims to be compatible with different anti-spyware programs, Windows Firewall and other security tools. Although that sounds great, you should think twice before installing this untrustworthy program on your PC system because there are many legitimate and respectable anti-spyware programs that recognize WebInternetSecurity as a potential threat. Moreover, it is known that this questionable tool may display annoying and misleading messages and try to convince you to visit unfamiliar websites. Finally, some of security experts have notified about its capability to track people's browsing activities and collect personally identifiable information.
How can WebInternetSecurity virus enter my computer?
This program is completely free, so you can easily download it from the internet. However, just like many other free programs, this one has many drawbacks. After installing this program on the system, you may have to cope with annoying advertisements and other doubtful activities. Also, you can download WebInternetSecurity virus on your computer bundled with freewares and sharewares as an extra attachment. This distribution method is very unfair because many internet users don't monitor freewares' installation and click 'Next” button all the time. This is dangerous because you may also add WebInternetSecurity without noticing it. If that is the case, you should check your recently installed programs and look for this unwanted application. Moreover, you should be very careful what programs you are installing and closely check whether they have any hidden attachments, such as WebInternetSecurity.
How to remove WebInternetSecurity from my computer?
If you want to protect your computer from viruses, malwares and other malicious intruders, you should use reliable and well-known anti-spyware program. That is why we always recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes. If WebInternetSecurity has already started causing various inconveniences on your computer, you should don't waste your time and remove this PUP from it:
- Uninstall WebInternetSecurity from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as WebInternetSecurity, YTDownloader, iWebar, MegaMonsterFun and Shopper-Pro.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the wench icon and go to 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Go to 'Toolbars and extensions' and remove iWebar, Shopper-Pro, etc..
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the orange arrow button (left corner) and go to 'Add-ons'.
2. Here, choose 'Extensions’ and remove iWebar, Shopper-Pro and other unknown extensions from the list.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for iWebar, Shopper-Pro and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.