Webrunn is an ad-supported application that was developed by a well-known adware developer that is called Super Web LLC. Our database is filled with numerous applications that this company has created. As you can imagine, there is a reason why we are describing such applications as Webrunn. First of all, many internet users are getting tricked and download such adwares themselves. This dubious application is promoted as a shopping helper that should display coupons and help you to save money. At least that is how majority of adwares are promoted. Secondly, Webrunn may flood you with intrusive advertisements, try to redirect you to sponsored websites and even track your online presence. Thirdly, this program may work in the background of your system and even cause your computer to work more slowly. Please ignore propositions to install such extensions because you may be extremely annoyed.
How can Webrunn hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned above, often people download this program voluntarily. However, we highly recommend not to do that. Unfortunately, that is not the only way how Webrunn virus may enter your computer. Researches have shown that the most common cause of an adware infection is reckless downloading of freewares. Internet is filled with various freewares, and people are downloading them every single day. Therefore, sometimes it is hard to spot such unwanted attachments as Webrunn virus. However, if you check every single program that you want to install, you should have much higher chances to guard your computer against similar adwares and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). For that, try to avoid choosing 'quick', 'basic' or 'recommended' installation options when installing unfamiliar freewares. Instead, select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option and follow the entire process. By the way, remember to read end-user license agreement (EULA) part before starting the installation.
How to remove Webrunn adware from my computer?
Check what programs you have recently installed. Follow this step-by-step removal instruction and eliminate this potential threat. Sometimes Webrunn redirects may occur even if you have manually removed this program. If that happens, we recommend using an anti-spyware program for automatic removal.
- Remove Webrunn from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Webrunn (Developer: Big Water Applications, LLC), Updater, SaverAddon, SupTab, WebSaver, Shopping-Addon, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove Webrunn extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for Webrunn and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find Webrunn and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for Webrunn extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.