What is WebSaavie?
WebSaavie is a very dubious application that may enter your computer very silently and negatively affect your computer's performance. In fact, this program may randomly change its name and hide in your computer labeled as WwebSaVie, WebESaVIE, webSAVVe, websuavee, etc. WebSaavie is another useless adware that you do not need. Similar adwares have only one purpose, and that purpose is to display sponsored ads and try to redirect you to some questionable website. WebSaavie adware may be very intrusive; therefore, no matter what website you visit or what web browser you use, WebSaavie ads may haunt you everywhere you go. Hence, researches have shown that majority of internet users have encountered adwares or potentially unwanted programs. Therefore, you need to be extra careful and avoid adding similar ad-supported programs to your computer.
How can WebSaavie hijack my computer?
It looks like this dubious adware only travels bundled with freewares. This distribution method is called bundling, and it is rather deceptive. Not a lot of people are attentively checking what programs they download and install. That is how you may get WebSaavie virus. If you do not want that to happen, keep you guard up and check every doubtful program that you are going to install. First of all, you should read end-user license agreement (EULA) part of your desired program before you have started the installation. Secondly, if you have decided that you want to install an unfamiliar freeware, you should select 'advanced' or 'custom' installation option and monitor the whole process. It is recommended to avoid 'basic' or 'quick' installation option when you have even the slightest doubts about a program that you are going to install. Always unmark such doubtful attachments as WebSaavie virus and similar applications.
How to remove WebSaavie from my computer?
Check your Add/Remove Programs folder and look for this intruder. You should also inspect your browsers and eliminate all unfamiliar entries. Don't let WebSaavie redirect you to some unsafe website. These simple instructions will help you to eliminate WebSaavie virus.
- Scan your computer with a reliable anti-spyware program. We recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security.
- Remove WebSaavie from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as WwebSaVie, WebESaVIE, webSAVVe, websuavee or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Remove WebSaavie extension from your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ → ‘Manage Add-ons’ → ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries, such as WebSaavie and click 'uninstall'.
3. Once you remove it, change your start page.
Reset your Internet Explorer (Optional):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ → ‘Add-ons’ → ‘Extensions’.
2. Find suspicious-looking entries, such as WebSaavie and click ‘Uninstall’.
3. After that, change the start page.
Reset your Mozilla Firefox (Optional):
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools → Extensions.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar extensions like WebSaavie and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
3. Don't forget to change start page.