WebSpades is yet another widely spread potentially unwanted program (PUP), which displays commercial pop-up ads and notifications. It can also be categorized as an adware type program. The main reason why security experts decided to categorize it like that is that WebSpades hijacks all web browsers, infiltrates computers unnoticed and may even start falsifying search engines' results, in order to drive traffic to sponsored websites that are paying to its creators. However, the most obvious sign that WebSpades virus has infiltrated your PC is its large amount of irritating pop-ups, in-text ads and other visual advertisements. No matter hot harmless they look, we don't recommend clicking on them because they may be filled with various links that may lead you to dangerous and even virus infected websites.
How can WebSpades appear on my PC?
The biggest possibility to add this unwanted program is when downloading and installing questionable freewares, sharewares or other third-party programs. This deceptive distribution method is called “bundling”. Free programs may be filled with various kinds of unwanted programs or even adwares, such as this one, so security experts always recommend being more cautious when installing free and questionable programs from the web. You should follow the entire installation process, unmark all additional accessories that are bundled with the program you are about to install. By doing so, you will have a better chance to avoid these unwanted programs. If you are experiencing uncontrollable pop-ups (Ads by WebSpades, Deals by WebSpades, Powered by Webspades, Brought to you by WebSpades, etc.) there is a huge chance that your system is attacked with WebSpades adware.
How to remove WebSpades pop-up ads?
There is no point for you to leave this ad-supported plug-in on your computer. In order to remove this potentially unwanted program, follow guidelines below and remove WebSpades. You should also scan your system with legitimate and reliable anti-spyware tool (we recommend Reimage, Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareMalwarebytes Malwarebytes) to make sure that it's free of malicious files.
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WebSpades and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.