Wifi Protector BI is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), which was created by Speedchecker Limited. This web browser extension is available at various download sites. However, you may also install it on your computer unconsciously, in a bundle with other free applications. In addition to this questionable ability, Wifi Protector BI may also initiate unwanted activities on your computer. By adding its own Browser Helper Object (BHO), this program may also hijack your Internet Explorer and sometimes other browsers. In addition to this, it may start initiating continuous advertisements, redirects, changes in the default search engine or the start page and similar inconveniences. If you have already noticed any of these activities, you should waste no time and check your computer with reputable anti-spyware. In this case, we recommend using Reimage.
How can Wifi Protector BI hijack my computer?
You can be tricked into installing this adware with its main executable file utils.exe or agentinstallapp.exe when downloading other programs from the Internet. Typically, Wifi Protector BI hijacks systems with a help of freeware and shareware that is filled with various optional downloads for monetization. For avoiding that, you should always choose Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. After you choose this option, don't forget to follow each installation step and opt out of Wifi Protector BI and similar additional downloads. As soon as this adware enters the system, it may be set to occupy Internet Explorer and other browsers. As a result, you may notice annoying Wifi Protector BI redirects, continuous pop-up ads, slow downs and similar inconveniences on each of these browsers. For avoiding them, you should waste no time and follow this guide:
How to remove Wifi Protector BI?
Technically, Wifi Protector BI is not a virus. However, there are lets of security vendors that detect it as PUP, Adware, etc. That's because of its questionable distribution and additional activities. If you have been tricked into downloading this program on your PC, you can remove it with a help of this guide:
- Remove Wifi Protector BI from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Wifi Protector BI or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Wifi Protector BI or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.