Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus has nothing to do with Windows because it's an Italian version of the Ukash virus. It seems that scammers seek to create a ransomware for each country in the world – it has been reported about FBI virus, Politiet Norge Ukash Virus, Australian Federal Police Ukash virus, IPA virus and many other ones. However, today Italian users should also pay their attention to this group of scams and ignore anything related to Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus. It uses trickily designed interface and name, which creates an image that user has a deal with Windows. The most serious thing about this scamware is that it locks computer down and makes its victims look only at its misleading alert. In order to start using your computer again, you need to remove Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus. We agree that it's really hard to get rid of this threat. However, there are some methods that help to unlock computer and eliminate this virus.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus?
Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus is distributed by trojan locker that locks computers down and displays an alert of the virus. You can easily get infected with this threat together with freeware, shareware, by opening spam emails or their attachments. So, safe computer practices is the most important thing in trying to prevent Windows Antipiracy virus infiltration. Once it gets inside, it starts running once user reboots his computer. That's because of some malignant components of the virus, that are usually added to the Registry. As a result, Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus starts showing its misleading alert that seeks to steal 100 euros from the victim. Typically, this alert says that user is found watching copyrighted material or pornography and now he has to pay the fine. This fake notification says:
Questo sistema operativo é disattivato a causa di violazione delle legi della. Repubblica Italiana sono state riscontrate le seguenti violazioni: il tuo indrizzo IP é stato utilizzato per il download e la distribuzione di contenuti piratati. Probabilmente hai utilizzato file-sharing clienti, torrenti o scaricato seguente contenuto dirretamente dal sito web. Il suo computer viene pertanto bloccato per evitare la continuazione dell’attività illegale.
Per sbloccare il computer sieti obligati a pagare una multa di 100€
Be sure that this alert is displayed only to rip you off! All these Interpol, Copyright Alliance and the RIAA's logos are fake and used only to mislead you into thinking that you have a deal with governmental organization. Stay away from Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus and remove it as soon as possible!
HOW CAN I REMOVE Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus?
In order to remove Windows Antipiracy Ukash virus, you must unlock your computer. However, if your PC is not locked down, go on the Internet and download one of these tools: Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Reimage and run a full system scan with them.
If you need to unlock your PC, here are some ways for that:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Malwarebytes MalwarebytesCombo Cleaner, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with FBI virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with FBI Moneypak/FBI virus/FBI Green Dot Moneypak virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual FBI virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run RegeditSearch for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining FBI virus files.