What is Windows AntiVirus Adviser?
Windows AntiVirus Adviser is a malicious program that tries to look like a powerful anti-spyware. No matter how convincing it looks, this application has nothing to do with good intentions. Instead of trying to help people check their computers for viruses and then eliminating them, it reports only about fake cyber threats. You can be informed about hundreds of critical viruses, such as trojans, malware threats and similar cyber infections. Before you fall into believing that these threats are hiding in your computer for real, you should think again. In reality, these threats are invented and would never be detected by legitimate security software. You should keep in mind that Windows AntiVirus Adviser is a rogue anti-spyware that detects the same viruses on every computer it manages to infect. However, making people believe that their PCs are infected is not what is expected by hackers who are responsible for releasing such viruses as this one into the wild. The main thing that is expected is the money. Beware that this virus will ask you to pay for fixing your computer and eliminating viruses that are 'hiding' in it. Instead of purchasing this fake licensed version and removing what is not even hiding in your PC, you should simply run a full system scan with Reimage. It will help you to remove Windows AntiVirus Adviser virus and other cyber threats from it.
How can Windows AntiVirus Adviser infect my computer?
Windows AntiVirus Adviser is one of those rogue anti-spyware programs that can easily show up on computer out of nowhere. In order to avoid this, you should always make sure that your computer is protected by reliable anti-virus or anti-spyware. Also, you should stay away from misleading alerts that are offering updates for Java, Flash Player and similar programs because there is a huge possibility that these alerts will lead you to the infiltration of suspicious programs. This technique has been actively used for spreading adwares, browser hijackers and other PUPs but it can easily be applied when trying to trick people into downloading Windows AntiVirus Adviser and similar threats. Also, you should ignore alerts that are offering scanning computer with a free scanner because there is no such thing as 'free scanner'. It's just a trick used for making people to download various cyber threats. Finally, ignore spammy emails that are trying to convince you that you need to download their attachment. Otherwise, you may easily download suspicious programs to your computer. If you think that your PC may be infected with Windows AntiVirus Adviser, you should check it with the reputable anti-spyware because keeping such programs as this rogue on the system can easily lead you to the loss of your personal information. Also, this threat may also download other threats to your PC system without your approval.
How to remove Windows AntiVirus Adviser virus?
Please, NEVER let such viruses as Windows AntiVirus Adviser stay on your computer because they can easily be used for various malicious activities. If you noticed its alerts during your browsing, you should not wait longer. Select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and avoiding manual removal. When relying on this option, you should just download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide.
When trying to remove Windows AntiVirus Adviser, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Windows AntiVirus Adviser may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Go to the Windows 8 Start Screen and type restore point in the Search section.
- Now click on Settings -> Create a restore point.
- When in System Protection tab, select System Restore.
- Click Next button to see your restore points and left click on the entry you need.
- Now select Scan for affected programs -> Close -> Next -> Finish.
- Once your PC reboots, download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Click on Windows key and go to the bottom-right corner.
- Select Settings -> Change PC Settings -> General.
- Click theRestart Now buttonunder Advanced Startup.
- Now selectTroubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Settings.
- Now choose Restart and press F5.
- Launch IE or other browser and enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe
- Download a program on your desktop and launch it to remove malicious files.
3. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
Windows AntiVirus Adviser manual removal: