What is Windows Easy Transfer?
Windows Easy Transfer is a rogue anti-spyware that you have to avoid. If you fall for this program, you may loose your money and share your sensitive data with online scammers. In fact, there are two different versions of Windows Easy Transfer. One of them is harmless and can be used for transferring files, such as documents, music, pictures and similar things from old system to the new one. However, there is also a malicious version that can appear on your computer out of nowhere and then initiate various misleading activities. This virus is very similar to Windows Vulnerabilities Rescuer, so as soon as it infiltrates computer, it starts showing its scanners that are supposed to scare people into thinking that their PCs are infected with dangerous programs. After scanning, it displays fake scan results and offers to fix every thing with a help of its license. Beware that this rogue is not capable of detecting viruses. Therefore, the list of programs that this program provides is fake and contains invented files or randomly chosen programs. If you click on 'fix now', 'remove now' or similar button, you will be redirected to its purchase website and offered to buy its licensed version. Of course, you should NEVER pay money for such programs like this one because this may lead you not only to the money loss. By paying for the license you may also expose your credit card details and other sensitive data to online scammers. If the fake version of Windows Easy Transfer has already got inside your system, do not waist time and remove it immediately.
How can Windows Easy Transfer virus infect my computer?
Since Windows Easy Transfer is rogue program that seeks to deceive people and steal their money, it is not surprising that it spreads using unfair methods. Usually, it spreads via infected websites, fake programs, spam emails' attachments or misleading alerts offering people to check their PCs with a free scanner, update some of their programs, etc. In order to avoid this virus, try to be very careful with games and similar programs because this program has been actively spread via fake game installation files and similar programs. Moreover, avoid spam and ignore all alerts that offer such things as free scanners, free antiviruses, etc. If you receive an email, which seems suspicious to you (you see grammar or typo mistakes, unknown sender, questionable format and so on), never download its attachment because it may contain various infections. Finally, do not fall for fake online alerts that inform you about outdated software and suggest updating it for free. In most of the cases, such alerts are fake and used for spreading various viruses and malwares. If Windows Easy Transfer virus has already infiltrated your computer, follow the instructions below and remove it without hesitation.
How to remove Windows Easy Transfer virus?
If you are seeing continuous system scanners, security alerts and similar notifications from Windows Easy Transfer, it's a sign that your PC was infected by rogue anti-spyware. If that is the case, do not wait any longer. Use a reputable anti-spyware and remove Windows Easy Transfer virus for good. For that we recommend using Reimage and Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, XP Antivirus 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.
Windows Easy Transfer virus manual removal: