WindowsManagerProtect (also known as Windows Manager Protect) is a potentially unwanted program that can easily appear on computer after installing other application. In most of the cases, this program is spread in a bundle with free of charge programs, such as download managers, PDF creators and similar software. Once installed on the system, WindowsManagerProtect virus starts generating continuous pop-up ads, banner ads and other commercial content. By the way, many Internet users have reported about unwanted redirects to unknown websites. We don't recommend ignoring Windows Manager Protect redirects because we can't guarantee that you won't be tricked into visiting unsafe website. To sum up, no matter that WindowsManagerProtect can't pose a harm to computer, you should think twice before leaving it on your PC.
How can WindowsManagerProtect hijack my computer?
WindowsManagerProtect is available at various download sites, such as cnet, download.com and similar. This clearly reveals the fact that you should always double check programs before downloading them on the system because you can never know how safe they are and what their real purposes are. Also, as we have already mentioned, WindowsManagerProtect can be installed without even noticing that because it was added to a long list of free applications. It seems that their developers agreed to add this adware to their programs' 'additional downloads' in exchange of money. However, noone says that you can't prevent WindowsManagerProtect infiltration. In order to avoid downloading it, the main thing that you should definitely remember is that you have to choose Custom or Advanced installation when you download freeware from the Internet. Of course, it goes without saying that you should don't rush installation of the freeware in order to find those check marks that agree with WindowsManagerProtect's installation.
How to remove WindowsManagerProtect?
WindowsManagerProtect is not a harmful software. However, it may initiate issues on your computer. If you want to avoid slow downs on your browsers, redirects to unknown websites, slow downs and infiltration of other adwares, you should remove WindowsManagerProtect from the system. For that you should not only scan your PC with anti-spyware (we recommend using Reimage or SpyHunterCombo Cleaner). You should also follow these simple steps:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to PastaQuotes:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as WindowsManagerProtect by WindowsProtect LIMITED.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click on the gear icon and go to 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Go to 'Toolbars and extensions' and remove WindowsManagerProtect and other unfamiliar entries.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the orange arrow button (left corner) and go to 'Add-ons'.
2. Here, choose 'Extensions’ and remove WindowsManagerProtect and similar unknown entries from the list.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for WindowsManagerProtect and other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.