Windowunitpop (also known as Windows unit pop) is a very deceptive application, which may end up on your computer out of nowhere and flood you with advertisements. Hence, it looks like this dubious adware may only affect Internet Explorer users; however, even if you are not using IE, you should be careful. Usually, this program travels bundled with other freewares. That is why there is not much information about Windowunitpop virus and how it works. In fact, it is known that this program never travels alone. So, if you see annoying advertisements and you have a suspicion that this intruder is hiding somewhere in your system, you should check your computer and remove all potentially unwanted programs.
How can Windowunitpop hijack my computer?
As we have mentioned above, Windowunitpop ads may flood your screen right after installing a doubtful freeware. This method is commonly used among various adwares and potentially unwanted programs. Don't worry, we can give you a couple of useful recommendations in order to prevent Windowunitpop virus from entering your computer. However, keep in mind that protection of your computer is entirely in your hand. Firstly, if you are going to install an unfamiliar freeware, try to find as much information as possible. Read comments and reviews from people who have already downloaded your desired program. Secondly, choose 'advanced' or 'custom' installation method and follow the entire process. If you do so, you will have a much greater chance to spot unwanted attachments and avoid installing Windowunitpop virus.
How to remove Windowunitpop from my computer?
Normally, you should have no difficulties removing this program. In order to stop Windowunitpop redirects from happening, you just need to follow this simple step-by-step removal guide.
- Remove Windowunitpop from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as window unit pop (developed by OPN.co, ltd.) similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.