Wizebar is yet another questionable program that is usually labeled as an adware or a potentially unwanted program. The first sign that you may notice if this dubious extension has affected your computer is tons of annoying advertisements. Usually, these ads, pop-up notifications and other sponsored links are labeled as “Wizebar Ads”, “Wizbar Deals”, “Powered by Wizbar”, “Brought to you by Wizbar”, etc. We suggest ignoring these advertisements because if you click on one of them, you may be redirected to an unsafe website that is filled with malicious programs. Moreover, such potentially unwanted application as Wizebar may record your browsing activities. This information may be transmitted to third-parties and later used for various commercial reasons.
How can Wizebar hijack my computer?
After conducting a research, we have managed to find a couple of interesting facts about this questionable program. First of all, Wizebar virus may travel bundled with freewares. We also have noticed that Wizebar may travel together with Babylon Toolbar as an extra attachment. Even such well-known download websites as Softonic, CNET, etc. may be involved in its distribution. Secondly, this dubious plug-in is promoted as a useful tool that should help you to find online offers and coupons for your desired items. However, as we have mentioned before, this is yet another marketing trick in order for you to download it. That is the main reason why you should check every single program that you are going to install. Read end-user license agreement section before installing a free application. Try to find extra attachments and unmark all the suspicious ones. If you do so, you will have a better chance to protect your computer from Wizber virus or another unwanted intruder.
How to remove Wizebar from my computer?
Unfortunately, sometimes you may fail to notice such unwanted attachments and install them on your system. Don't worry, there is a way how you can remove them, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that we recommend using Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
- Uninstall Wizebar from your computer:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Wizebar, Babylon Toolbar or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for Wizebar, Babylon Toolbar or unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.