Words Display (or WordsDisplay, Ads by Words Display, etc.) is yet another questionable extension, which may flood your searches with sponsored messages, banner ads, underlined keywords and similar content. In addition to that, this program may use unfair techniques in order to enter your computer without your approval. If its infiltration is successful, Words Display hijacks each of web browsers and starts manipulating them in order to display annoying pop-ups. It seems that these questionable activities have made many PC users to start thinking that Words Display is a virus. As far as we know, that is not true because this program can't pose harm to any computer. However, many well-known anti-spyware programs recognize Words Display as a potential threat because it initiates system changes and then causes annoying without their approval.
How can Words Display hijack my computer?
You can easily download Words Display and similar ad-supported extensions directly from their official sites thinking that they are useful programs. This application is promoted as a tool that is set to display song lyrics alongside Youtube or other videos. Sounds useful, right? As far as we know, you may also notice random advertisements and similar content as well. Moreover, WordsDisplay is often promoted via other free programs. This distribution method is very popular right now, so we are almost sure that you have already heard about it. If you have been wondering how to avoid potentially unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer in a bundle with freeware, you should read the following tips. The first thing that you should do is read EULA (end-user license agreement) section before any doubtful installation. Secondly, select advanced or custom installation method and closely follow the entire installation process. By doing these simple steps, you will clearly see what program you are installing and if it is trying to make you install any unwanted attachments or not. Of course, you should opt out of such 'free additions' as Words Display virus.
How to remove Words Display ads?
Be sure that Words Display has no other purpose, just advertising, so you should avoid it. Otherwise, you may notice system slow downs, browser's redirects and similar issues. In order to remove WordsDisplay virus, follow these guidelines:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to Words Display:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as Words Display, RemoveThaeAdAopp, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, YWords Display 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and similar unknown entries.
- Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.