ww92.btosjs.info.com is an untrustworthy search engine that may return for you altered search results and display annoying pop-up ads during your browsing. Because of its capabilities to hijack all web browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.) without a clear permission asked and then redirect people to affiliate websites, it has also been labeled as browser hijacker. Please, stay away from this search site and rely on more reputable ones, such as Google, Yahoo and Bing. Also, be very careful when downloading free programs on your computer because they may be involved to ww92.btosjs.info.com distribution. The clearest sign showing that your machine has already been affected is changes of your start page and/or default search engine. If you noticed any of them, don't waste the time and scan your computer with reputable anti-spyware.
How can ww92.btosjs.info.com hijack my browser?
ww92.btosjs.info.com redirects and similar issues start bothering its victim as soon as he/she agrees to make this site a default search engine or a start page. This may happen with or without his/hers awareness during the installation of freeware or shareware. Before you download a questionable program on your computer, remember that there are hundreds of apps that have been involved to the distribution of ww92.btosjs.info.com virus. They all agree to be involved to such questionable activities for the only thing – monetization. However, if you choose a Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then remember to opt out of the offer to make ww92.btosjs.info.com your default search engine, you can get ability to avoid it. Remember these tips the next time when installing freeware on your computer!
How to remove ww92.btosjs.info.com?
If you noticed that ww92.btosjs.info.com hijacked each of your web browsers and started initiating such unwanted activities as redirects to unfamiliar websites, you shouldn't ignore them. In this case, you should follow a guide below and remove this browser hijacker from your computer:
- Scan your computer with reliable anti-spyware program. For that we recommend using Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to ww92.btosjs.info.com :
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications that don't belong to Microsoft or other well known companies.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Restore your browsers:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon -> 'Manage Add-ons'.
2. Here, look for WebCake and other unfamiliar plugins, and remove these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on the gear icon again and select 'Internet options'.
4. Remove ww92.btosjs.info.com and enter your preferred domain name.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the gear icon again, select 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers',
6. Set your preferred search engine.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select WebCake and other unfamiliar plugins, and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click Firefox, choose 'Options'
4. Here, eliminate ww92.btosjs.info.com and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon and question mark icon
6. Here, click 'Troubleshooting Information' and click 'Reset Firefox'.
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
2. Here, select WebCake and other unfamiliar plugins, , and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose 'Settings' -> 'On startup' section -> 'set pages'
4. Here, eliminate ww92.btosjs.info.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> 'Settings' -> 'Search' section
6. Here, click 'Manage Search Engines…' and add your preferred domain name.