Xee Search isn't classified as a virus or a malware type program. Nevertheless, it may cause some serious problems when added to one's system. As soon as this adware enters computer, Xee Search hijacks user's browser and changes one's home page and default search engine to XeeSearch.com. Despite its reliable appearance, Xee Search can hardly offer benefits for its users: this adware may return altered search results, display large amount of pop-ups and cause other inconveniences. No matter that it may look like a “legitimate” search engine, it was created only for one reason and that reason is to drive traffic to sponsored sites and earn money for its creators. If you are experiencing uncontrollable pop-ups, your default home page was changed to XeeSearch.com without your permission, there is a high chance that this plug-in is in your system.
How can Xee Search virus infiltrate my PC?
Xee Search is often promoted as a useful program that allegedly should make your browsing experience better. However, it most of the cases similar nature adwares may be distributed via free programs. Free programs can be a perfect method for the distribution of such adwares. Not a lot of people are following the entire installation process when installing free and questionable programs. Security experts strongly recommend to be more observant while doing so. In order to prevent Xee Search virus infiltration into your PC, you should select “advanced” or “custom” installation method. By doing so, you will have a better understanding and control over that sort of program you are installing and what type of accessories are bundled with it. If you noticed that Xee Search is added to your system without your permission, you should waste no time and remove it as soon as possible. These guidelines, submitted below will help you to get rid of this ad-supported plug-in:
How to remove Xee Search?
Please, do NOT ignore XeeSearch.com redirects because they are set only to make people visit predetermined websites. Noone can guarantee that such sites and safe and harmless. In order to get rid of this unfair search engine, you should simple follow these steps and fix your computer:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Xee Search and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
Now reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.