What is XP Antispyware 2014?
XP Antispyware 2014 is a dangerous cyber threat, which has been labeled as 'rogue anti-spyware'. It belongs to a well-known family of malwares, which is called 'Braviax' and has lots of similar versions, including XP Antivirus 2014, Win 7 Antispyware 2014, Win 8 Protection 2014 and many others. All you need to know about this virus is that it seeks to steal people's money. Seeking this aim, this virus displays fake system scanners and alerts showing how badly infected victim's computer is. In addition, it claims that it is capable of fixing the system and eliminating all infected files. Of course, it promises to do that in exchange for money… As you may have already understood, this is the method used by XP Antispyware 2014 creators for stealing people's money and increasing their income. You should never pay for its 'licensed', 'full' or whatever it is called version because your money will be sent straight to hackers. By the way, you may also reveal your credit card details and other personally identifiable information. It is also worth mentioning that as soon as this virus enters computer, it starts blocking websites and saying that they are infected. It may also inform you that your anti-spyware or anti-virus is also infected what is obviously not true. Be sure that the only real virus in this situation is XP Antispyware 2014. You should ignore its alerts and remove this rogue from the system as soon as possible. If it blocks your anti-spyware, you should follow a guide below for unblocking it.
How can XP Antispyware 2014 infect my computer?
XP Antispyware 2014 is spread just like any other rogue that belongs to 'Braviax' family. It means that the mostly used method for distributing this virus around relies on trojan horse that may be hidden in spam, fake alerts and similar places. In order to prevent infiltration of XP Antispyware 2014, the first thing that you must remember is that you have to ignore all alerts offering you to update your Java, Flash layer and similar programs. In addition, delete all suspicious emails that are filled with grammar or typo mistakes because you have also been involved to XP Antispyware 2014 distribution. Finally, stay away from messages saying that your computer is infected and that you should download a free scanner for checking it. Remember, there is no such thing as 'free scanner'. If this rogue manages to infiltrate the system, it firstly initiates several modifications on it and then starts showing such and similar alerts:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
XP Antispyware 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet
This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen
Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
Please, ignore these messages because they have nothing to do with your PC's security. Also, make sure you remove this threat from your computer because you can never know what malicious activities it can be involved to in the future. It may start tracking you and stealing your personal information, install other viruses and lead you to similar problems.
How to remove XP Antispyware 2014?
B e sure that XP Antispyware 2014 is a dangerous program that is used for stealing people's money and posing a serious harm to their computers. In order to avoid this, you should remove it from the system. For that we highly recommend selecting AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION that requires just downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove XXP Antispyware 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, XP Antispyware 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose the date and the specific restore point that you want and click Next.
- Wait until your PC reboots and click OK on the Restoration Complete window.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel and select User Accounts.
- After a new window shows up, click on Guest -> Turn On Guest Account.
- Now wait until computer reboots and you see Windows log on screen
- Select Guest account for downloading our recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes on it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.