You-Bar is a legitimate browser add-on, which has been recently involved to a group of potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). Officially, this program was created to enhance people's interaction with various websites. Practically, it works on showing continuous ads and disrupting people's browsing. By displaying its ads on different websites, You-Bar seeks to make users visit related sites and earn the money from their promotion. So, if you see continuous notifications from this program, you should ignore them because they can hardly be trusted. In addition, you should check your PC for You-Bar and remove this application. Be sure that leaving this program on your computer won't add any real value for your browsing routine. Even more, these commercial notifications may force you to visit an insecure website and may make you install malware.
HOW CAN You-Bar INFECT COMPUTER?
You-Bar is mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware, so you can download this program on your computer when installing such applications as PDF creators, download managers and similar freeware. However, we must also warn you that some people were tricked into downloading this app instead of fake browser updates and Java downloads. If You-Bar enters computer, it immediately affects all web browsers that can be found on computer. After that, it starts displaying its ads, initiating browser redirections and casing other issues. Besides, it may also be used to track people and their browsing habits, such as visited websites, entered search queries and other sensitive information.
HOW TO REMOVE You-Bar?
If you see ads by “MyInfotopia”, ads by You-Bar and similar notifications, you should check your computer for this program. In order to do that, follow this guide:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for You-Bar and similar unknown entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Now, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall You-Bar and similar entries that may be unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find You-Bar and similar unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions. Here, look for You-Bar or similar extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Click on wench icon, go to settings and choose 'Manage search engines'. Change search engine to google or other. Then Go to section “On start” and make sure you get blank page while creating new tab.