'Your Computer is Inactive -System Cleaner is in Progress' is a fake alert that belongs to ransomware category. This ransomware is based on a special algorithm that results in complete lock down of the whole system. User becomes incapable to reach any of his programs and finds all his important doc, txt, pdf files blocked from the access. Instead of that, he sees only a huge alert titled with these words: 'Your Computer is Inactive -System Cleaner is in Progress'. This message says that user has violated the Copyright Law and System Cleaner is launched on his PC in order to block the system. Additionally, it asks to pay $200 within 48 hours to unlock the OS. Please, be aware that all this alert means that you are infected with dangerous infection that won't unblock your PC until you remove 'Your Computer is Inactive -System Cleaner is in Progress' virus from your machine. If you fall for this alert and believe what it says, you will lose your money and won't have your PC unblocked.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH 'Your Computer is Inactive -System Cleaner is in Progress' virus?
Your Computer is Inactive -System Cleaner is in Progress' virus is distributed by several harmful infections, Trojan.Ransomlock and Trojan.LockScreen, that travel together with freeware, shareware, spam email attachments and other downloads. When trojan infects the system, it blocks it down and shows a message, which looks something like that:
Your Computer is Inactive System Cleaner is in ProgressYou have violated federal law of the United States of America: (Article 1, Section 8, Clause 8; Article 202; Article 210 of the Criminal Code of USA which provides for a deprivation of liberty for four to twelve years.)
Your computer was recently used to visit websites prohibited on the territory of USA: to download mp3 files, child pornography, torrents, gambling, illegal drugs or other illegal activity. As a result System Cleaner was launched on your computer. System Cleaner is a program developed by the special Department of US government aimed to prevent crime and illegal activity on the Internet.
All your files are encrypted. In case you fail to pay $200 fine all your files will be permanently deleted and prohibited files will be sent to the Department with logged IP-addresses used for illegal activity.1.To unlock your computer you are obliged to pay a fine of $200 within 48 hours.2. The fine must be paid with the help of MoneyPak system.3. To pay the fine you should enter digital code which is located on the back of your MoneyPak card in the payment form and press OK (if you have several codes, enter them one after the other and press OK). You can buy MoneyPak card at the nearest stores: Walgreens, Kmart, Walmart, CVS/pharmacy, SevenEleven, Rite Aid and etc.
Once you have entered your MoneyPak code you must not use it anywhere else. If your MoneyPak code is invalid or it doesn't have the necessary amount the payment will not be processed. Don't try to deceive System Cleaner or delete it from your computer. It is the newest version of System Cleaner 9.11 and it doesn't gave any analogues. If the program spots any attempts to deceive the system it will delete all files (photos, video, audio, documents, passwords, etc.) When your MoneyPak code is confirmed all your files will be unblocked but you will have to delete all illegal data from your computer immediately!
Note that there is no System Cleaner program working on your PC right now and the only thing, which is installed, is this 'Your Computer is Inactive -System Cleaner is in Progress' threat that has to be removed without any delay. Note that it can also be used to open the backdoors of the system and let the attacker to gain the access to your data, which is stored on the PC. As soon as you see this false “Your Computer is Inactive – System Cleaner is in Progress” message, you should act immediately to protect your computer against malware invasion. In order to remove “Your Computer is Inactive – System Cleaner is in Progress” virus, we highly recommend following the additional information.
HOW CAN I REMOVE 'Your Computer is Inactive -System Cleaner is in Progress' virus?
There are some different ways how you can unlock your computer and remove “Your Computer is Inactive – System Cleaner is in Progress” virus. The first one is to check your Internet connection and use it to download Malwarebytes, Reimage that will remove infected files from your computer. However, if you can't get online, you should follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Malwarebytes, Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Ukash virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with Ukash viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.