YTBlockerApp is a web browser's plug-in that may cause a lot of unwanted advertisements that are filled with sponsored links. This program is classified as an adware and a potentially unwanted program (PUP). If it enters computer, it immediately initiates system's modifications and starts displaying additional pop-ups, in-text ads, pop-unders, search ads, and other sponsored links during people's browsing sessions. We strongly recommend ignoring these advertisements because they may try to redirect you to unsafe websites with illegal content, or a website that is filled with viruses, trojans and other threats. YTBlockerApp has only one purpose and that purpose is to make money from advertising. If you have even the slightest suspicion that this adware was added to your system, don't waste your time and remove it. If your computer is exposed to similar threats, every minute is crucial in order to protect your system.
How can YTBlockerApp hijack my computer?
Don't worry, similar infiltrations are quite common because developers of adware-type programs often rely on questionable distribution and marketing methods. Such programs may be promoted as useful tools for online shoppers or may enter computer as a 'free addition' of some download manager, pdf creator and similar freeware. When the first distribution method is used, this extension is presented as a program, which should improve one's browsing experience, offer more relevant ads, online deals and coupons, etc. Don't be fooled by these cheap marketing tricks and don't download this program. In order to avoid the second way of distribution, you should know that there are tens of different free programs that are filled with dubious accessories, such as YTBlockerApp. Don't be naive when installing free programs and select only advanced or custom installation option for getting ability to follow the entire installation process of the freeware and avoid YTBlockerApp virus.
How to remove YTBlockerApp virus from my computer?
Removing this unwanted program is quite easy. The hardest part is protecting your system all the time. For that we recommend using Reimage, Malwarebytes Malwarebytes or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareNorton Internet Security. In order to remove YTBlockerApp, follow these steps:
- Uninstall freeware, which is related to YTBlockerApp:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as YTBlockerApp, RemoveThaeAdAopp, UTUobEAdaBlock, SafeSaver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, LyricsBuddy-1, YYTBlockerApp 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit.
- Uninstall them.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Finally, change your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Settings -> Show Advanced Settings.
- Here, look for 'Reset browser settings' button.
- Click 'Reset' to complete this task.