What is Zorton Vista Protection 2014?
Zorton Vista Protection 2014 may appear to you like a genuine and reliable anti-spyware program because it acts as a professional antivirus. It scans computer, reports about infections and notifies about various cyber threats. Unfortunately, it's just another rogue anti-spyware from the Braviax family of rogues. In reality, Zorton Vista Protection 2014 delivers only forged scan results that usually include tens or hundreds of invented viruses. You may be informed about such viruses as Email-Worm.JS.Gigger, BMWE.Twelve.1378, IRC-Worm.DOS.Septic, and so on. Although these infections are real, it does not really mean that your computer is infected with them. If you have already been convinced that these scan results are real and that you have to purchase a licensed version of this program, you should scan your computer with another anti-spyware. We are sure that it will show you what the real virus is. By running its fake scans and displaying fake pop-up alerts Zorton Vista Protection 2014 seeks only to steal people's money. If you would click 'Fix now', 'Remove now', 'Click to proceed' and other button, you will be immediately redirected to the purchase website and offered to buy a license. Be careful with that because by making a payment you can easily disclose your sensitive and personally identifiable information to online scammers. Thus, run a full system scan with Reimage as soon as you notice such and similar alerts on your screen:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
How can Zorton Vista Protection 2014 infect my computer?
Zorton Vista Protection 2014 spreads similarly to other rogue anti-spywares. If you haven't dealt with such malicious programs before, it is important to mention that they do not ask for user's permission when they are trying to enter the system. For that they rely on such things as fake pop-up alerts, spam, or trojans. Therefore, the majority of PC users have no idea that their computer was infected by this malicious virus. If you want to keep your computer safe and prevent the loss of your money and private data, we highly recommend you to install a reputable anti-spyware and keep it up-to-date. In addition, you should rely on secure browsing i.e. avoid visiting unknown websites and illegal websites, avoid clicking on various alerts and pop-up notifications, and remove spam without opening it. These methods should keep you keep your computer safe from various infections. Finally, you should be aware that although Zorton Vista Protection 2014 seeks to affect Windows Vista operating system it can easily change its name according to your operating system. Please, never ignore fake alerts and scanners of this program because it can also cause infiltration of other suspicious programs on your computer in the future.
How to remove Zorton Vista Protection 2014 virus?
If are suffering from Zorton Vista Protection 2014 scanners and alerts, then you should select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and remove this rogue. We recommend selecting this option because it requires downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Zorton Vista Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Zorton Vista Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.