What is Zorton XP Antivirus 2014?
Zorton XP Antivirus 2014 is a seriously dangerous cyber threat that was categorized as rogue anti-spyware. If you are using Windows XP and don't have an updated anti-spyware installed on your computer, you should be extremely careful while browsing on the web. Please, stay away from suspicious alerts, misleading emails and illegal websites because you can easily download this threat to your computer. If it manages to infect the system, it starts various modifications on it. Once it prepares itself for the show time, it starts displaying fake system scanners. Of course, this fake anti-spyware will detect hundreds of different viruses on your computer because it seeks to create a need of its licensed version. So, you should be very careful with its scanners and alerts that are typically set to report about tens of different trojans, adwares and other viruses. In reality, Zorton XP Antivirus 2014 displays identical alerts on every computer, so there is no reason for you to believe its notifications. After tricking its victims into believing that their PCs are seriously infected, this rogue starts claiming that the only program that is capable of fixing computer is its licensed version. Of course, it is not truth. If you really need to fix your computer, you should run a full system scan with Reimage. It will help you to remove Zorton XP Antivirus 2014 and other cyber infections that may be hiding in your PC system. Be the way, you should also know that delaying removal of such cyber threats can increase the risk of detecting more cyber threats on your computer because such rogues like this one can easily be involved to the distribution of other viruses.
How can Zorton XP Antivirus 2014 infect my computer?
There are several methods used for spreading this rogue anti-spyware. One of the mostly spread way of distribution relies on fake alerts. They show up out of nowhere and claim that user should check his/hers computer with some 'free scanner'. Of course, as soon as he/she is tricked by such alert, computer is infected with the trojan horse, which is additionally used for installing Zorton XP Antivirus 2014. In addition, it is also known that people can also get infected with this cyber threat thru fake alerts offering to update Flash Player, Java and similar programs. Keep in mind that the easiest (and the most reliable) way to do that is by visiting official website of the software. All alerts that are set to offer free updates may increase the risk of the infiltration of malware. If you think that Zorton XP Antivirus 2014 virus is already hiding in your computer, you should ignore its alerts that mostly look like that:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Zorton XP Antivirus 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the internet – This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
If you saw any of these alerts on your computer's desktop, you should never take them seriously. You should run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware and remove infected files from your computer. If you noticed that this virus is blocking your anti-spyware and Internet connection, you should follow steps that are given below:
How to remove Zorton XP Antivirus 2014 virus?
If your PC has already been affected by Zorton XP Antivirus 2014, you should select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and remove this rogue right away. We recommend this removal method because you will have to do only several steps. You will have to download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Zorton XP Antivirus 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Zorton XP Antivirus 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.