What is Zorton XP Protection 2014?
Zorton XP Protection 2014 is a malicious program that should never be purchased. No matter how trustworthy-looking alerts it shows, it seeks the only thing – to trick PC users into purchasing its fake licensed version. Before it does that, it infects computer, modifies required system settings and then starts displaying its annoying alerts that report about various viruses and other PC-related issues. Of course, just like its full version, Zorton XP Protection 2014's notifications are filled with invented viruses, so you should never remove these files manually. In addition, you should never leave such programs as this rogue anti-spyware on your computer because it can easily trick you into revealing your personally identifiable information or may even infect your computer with other cyber threats. Also, it may start recording your keystrokes and steal your logins, passwords and other sensitive data. If you have already started seeing Zorton XP Protection 2014 alerts on your computer's screen, you should act now and check your computer with updated anti-spyware. In this case, we recommend using Reimage or Malwarebytes that have showed great results when eliminating this virus. As we have already mentioned, you should do this as soon as possible because every minute counts.
How can Zorton XP Protection 2014 infect my computer?
Just like many other viruses, Zorton XP Protection 2014 is spread using tricky techniques that are used to make people download infected files to their computers without even realizing that. Once these files are downloaded, they drop a trojan horse, which additionally downloads Zorton XP Protection 2014 virus or other rogue anti-spyware. In most of the cases, such viruses are spread using three techniques: spam, misleading alerts and fake programs. If you want to avoid this malware, you should avoid emails that look suspicious. In most of the cases, they report about unplanned payments, missing purchases, various prizes and contests or similar tricky events that could easily make people download an infected attachment to their computers. In addition, Zorton XP Protection 2014 virus can be installed on your computer via fake alerts that are set to offer free updates for Java, Flash Player, FLV Player or similar programs. Finally, you should also avoid notifications offering you to download a 'free scanner' and check computer for viruses. In reality, there is no such thing as 'free scanner', so you should stay away from such offers. Once Zorton XP Protection 2014 is installed on the system, it starts 'scanning' computer for viruses and then reports about hundreds of cyber infections. Of course, these 'infections' are invented viruses or legitimate system files, so you should never remove them. In order to stay safe, you should ignore fake alerts that are caused by this program and also scan your computer with the reputable anti-spyware. This will help you get rid of malicious files.
How to remove Zorton XP Protection 2014 virus?
If your PC has already been affected by Zorton XP Protection 2014, you should select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and remove this rogue right away. We recommend this removal method because you will have to do only several steps. You will have to download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Zorton XP Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Malwarebytes because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Zorton XP Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: https://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Malwarebytes to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.