What is 22find?
22find virus is a potentially unwanted program, which can also be categorized as a browser hijacker. That's because it may easily initiate serious havoc on IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and other web browsers. What havoc do we have in our mind? In most of the cases, people complain about redirects to questionable websites, annoying pop-up ads, slow downs and similar issues. If 22find virus gets inside the PC system, it wastes no time and starts its modifications. Beware that it may easily hijack your homepage and the default search engine. Once it does that, it may additionally initiate annoying redirects, slow downs and similar unwanted activities. Nevertheless, 22find.com redirects is not the most suspicious thing. While it may look like a normal search engine, it seems that this program may also start tracking you and may collect various information, which is related to your browsing activity. In most of the cases, this program collects information about users' mostly visited websites, data that they enter there, email that they use, PC's IP address, location, etc. This is just another proof that reveals that this site is among the ones that should be avoided. Besides, don't trust its search results given because there is a huge possibility that they will be altered. If you have just found yourself redirected to the wrong site, you should leave it without any delay. We highly recommend to remove 22find virus from your computer because it may also cause unwanted toolbars and similar programs on its target computer. For that you can use SpyHunter.
How can 22find hijack my computer?
22find.com may appear on your web browser instead of your start page or default search engine without your approval. That's because this redirect virus is mostly distributed just like other potentially unwanted programs. Typically, you can download it from the Internet for free, but it can also get on the system together with freeware or shareware. So, you should always make sure that the program, which is going to be installed on your computer, doesn't have optional installs and components. If you see such programs included, unclick the ones that you don't need (22find included). For getting such ability, always opt for Custom or Advanced installation option when installing freeware on your computer. If 22find.com gets inside the system, this adware starts making system's changes without any permission asked. Classically, it alters DNS settings and replaces computer's homepage to other site. If you are sure that you haven't installed this program manually and you started to suffer from annoying redirections, you should check your PC and remove 22find redirect without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE 22find virus?
Just like with any other adware, browser hijacker or other potentially unwanted program, it is not enough to remove 22find from Add/Remove programs list. You should also fix all your browsers, one by one, that are installed on your computer, and perform other steps. How can you do that? Follow a step-by-step guide given below and get rid of 22find virus for good:
You can remove 22find automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
22find virus manual removal
Delete registry values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Extensible Cache\MSHist012013040320130404
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "CheckRun22find_uninstaller" = %AppData%\CheckRun22find.exe" -c=http://www.22find.com/?utm_source=b&utm_medium=mlv&from=mlv&uid=HD_VB9ad64b62"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\FIREFOX.EXE\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe http://www.22find.com/?utm_source=b&utm_medium=mlv&from=mlv&uid=SEAGATE_HS9ad64b62-231b0130&ts=1364996709"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command "(Default)" = "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe http://www.22find.com/?utm_source=b&utm_medium=mlv&from=mlv&uid=SEAGATE_HS9ad64b62-231b0130&ts=1364996709"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs "Tabs" = "http://www.22find.com/newtab?utm_source=b&utm_medium=mlv&from=mlv&uid=SEAGATE_HS9ad64b62-231b0130&ts=1364996709"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Default_Page_URL" = "http://www.22find.com/newtab?utm_source=b&utm_medium=mlv&from=mlv&uid=SEAGATE_HS9ad64b62-231b0130&ts=1364996709"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Start Page" = "http://www.22find.com/newtab?utm_source=b&utm_medium=mlv&from=mlv&uid=SEAGATE_HS9ad64b62-231b0130&ts=1364996709"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search "CustomizeSearch" = "http://search.22find.com/web/?utm_source=b&utm_medium=mlv&from=mlv&uid=SEAGATE_HS9ad64b62-231b0130&ts=1364996710"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search "SearchAssistant" = "http://search.22find.com/web/?utm_source=b&utm_medium=mlv&from=mlv&uid=SEAGATE_HS9ad64b62-231b0130&ts=1364996710"
%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\22find.lnk
c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins\22find.xml
c:\User Data\Default\Web Data
Manual 22find virus Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall 22find and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 22find or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for 22find or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall 22find from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for 22find and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete 22find removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select 22find and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete 22find removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select 22find and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete 22find removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for 22find or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by 22find, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete 22find removal process.
Step 4: Complete 22find virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of 22find registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.