What is CouponDropDown?
CouponDropDown is a potentially unwanted program, which is also actively called as an adware. Please, do not fall for installing it, no matter what is claimed by its developer. No matter how promising the description of this browser add-on looks, you may notice only annoying activity on your computer after installing it. Besides, there are some suspicious facts about this program, so you must be very careful when using it as well!
As soon as CouponDropDown adware enters the system, it can easily try to take over each of web browsers without any permission asked. In addition, it may start showing you continuous pop-up ads, in-text inks, banner ads and similar content during your browsing on the Internet. After clicking on any of CouponDropDown ads, you may run into this very serious issue - redirects to unknown websites. Typically, websites that people are redirected to are seeking to increase their page rank, sales, etc. However, there is no guarantee that each of these websites is free of virus and harmless. Besides, this program may show on your machine without your permission asked and, if you are seeing its ads constantly, it is a sign that your computer has already been affected by this potentially unwanted program. It has also been reported that this program may alter the start page and the default search engine on each of web browsers, so you shouldn't be surprised after discovering these changes as well. Finally, CouponDropDown may start tracking its users and may collect information about their mostly visited websites and data that is entered when visiting them. If you want to protect yourself from these things, you need to remove Coupondropdown adware from your PC system. The easiest way to do that is with a help of reputable anti-spyware, such as[ rev id="SpyHunter"] (Windows OS), Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Windows and Mac OS X).
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH CouponDropDown?
You can get infected with coupondropdown virus by downloading freeware and shareware, visiting infected websites or simply failing to update your security software. Once it manages to get inside, this virus alters DNS settings and starts showing up on every browser which is installed on your PC. When browsing the web, it might also show various pop-up ads, saying something like ‘never miss another coupon sale!’ and offering the user to purchase goods with a huge discount. If you are annoyed by such advertisements, we highly recommend to check your PC for CouponDropDown virus. Of course, we recommend removing it without a delay..
HOW CAN I REMOVE CouponDropDown virus?
Typically, such annoying programs don't leave computers in normal way. To remove CouponDropDown virus from your computer, we recommend scanning it with SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. You can also try to remove this virus manually, by going to Control Panel at the start screen and uninstalling unfamiliar entries: Online HD TV, PutLockerDownload, TornTV, Yontoo, 1ClickDown, 1ClickDownloader, FB Photo Zoom, GoPhoto.it, HDvid Codec, IB Updater, Incredibar Toolbar, OneClickDownload, OneClickDownloader. Additionally, remove CouponDropDown add-ons and change your search provider settings as well.
You can remove CouponDropDown automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual CouponDropDown Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall CouponDropDown and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove CouponDropDown from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove CouponDropDown from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for CouponDropDown or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove CouponDropDown from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for CouponDropDown or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall CouponDropDown from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove CouponDropDown from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for CouponDropDown and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete CouponDropDown removal.
Remove CouponDropDown from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select CouponDropDown and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete CouponDropDown removal.
Remove CouponDropDown from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select CouponDropDown and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete CouponDropDown removal.
Remove CouponDropDown from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for CouponDropDown or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete CouponDropDown removal process.
Step 3: Complete CouponDropDown removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of CouponDropDown registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of CouponDropDown
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.