2-spyware research center classifies Incredibar removal as a mid-range task and Incredibar itself - as an Adware or Browser hijacker. Though it is presented as a tool, which is capable to improve your browsing sessions, Incredibar has been found to be used for tracking user's activity on the Internet. Besides, it tends to redirect victims to insecure websites, including mystart.incredibar.com, and also makes some unwanted modifications that can hardly be fixed without the expert's help. As you can see, Incredibar should really be used with carefulness because its activity initiates serious doubts about its real purpose. Besides, the hard enough process of Incredibar removal puts it to the list of questionable toolbars.
What Incredibar toolbar does to the system:
Once installed, Incredibar is programmed to alter DNS settings and hijack all popular browsers, like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. That results in continuous redirections to the domain mystart.incredibar.com. Usually, that's not the only unpleasant activity caused by this browser hijacker - it also changes bookmark lists by adding various sites you have never seen before and replaces the start page to the same mystart.incredibar.com. However, the most dangerous thing discovered about Incredibar is that this program collects all information about victim's activity on the Internet, logs every visited site and sends this data out to marketing companies or the bad guys. Usually, if a program doesn't ask permission to record such information, it is not legal and can be called privacy violation.
Getting infected with Incredibar:
Incredibar toolbar can be installed with your consent by simply downloading this program on your computer. However, there are many other ways how you can get infected with this browser hijacker: Incredibar can enter your computer through spam e-mail attachments that install such programs as soon as you click on them. Another way of getting this infection on your machine is through various fake codecs or free software. Incredibar pays $1.5 per install for its affiliates. That is why it is so exploited by cyber criminals or unfair marketers. In order to prevent such intrusion, you should always pay attention to the components you install together with any free software. As a result, Incredibar slows the OS and also starts eating its memory and resources. While infected with Incredibar, all your searches will be redirected to the same mystart.incredibar.com, which is not as good as original search engines, such as Google or Bing. To stop all this annoying activity, and remove Incredibar from PC, read the following information:
How to remove Incredibar from the system?
Manual removal of Incredibar virus is a quite difficult task and you will need to get rid of this browser hijacker manually from every browser. For that, you can follow these steps:
incredibar video guide
You can remove incredibar automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
incredibar manual removal
"What Incredibar related files inserted to the system depends if this software is installed separately or bundled with other programs."
Delete registry values:
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Incredibar.lnk
Manual incredibar Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall incredibar and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove incredibar from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove incredibar from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for incredibar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove incredibar from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for incredibar or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove incredibar from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall incredibar from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove incredibar from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for incredibar and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete incredibar removal.
Remove incredibar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select incredibar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete incredibar removal.
Remove incredibar from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select incredibar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete incredibar removal.
Remove incredibar from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for incredibar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by incredibar, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete incredibar removal process.
Step 4: Complete incredibar removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of incredibar registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of incredibar
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.