2-spyware research center classifies Incredibar removal as a mid-range task and Incredibar itself - as an Adware or Browser hijacker. Though it is presented as a tool, which is capable to improve your browsing sessions, Incredibar has been found to be used for tracking user's activity on the Internet. Besides, it tends to redirect victims to insecure websites, including mystart.incredibar.com, and also makes some unwanted modifications that can hardly be fixed without the expert's help. As you can see, Incredibar should really be used with carefulness because its activity initiates serious doubts about its real purpose. Besides, the hard enough process of Incredibar removal puts it to the list of questionable toolbars.
What Incredibar toolbar does to the system:
Once installed, Incredibar is programmed to alter DNS settings and hijack all popular browsers, like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. That results in continuous redirections to the domain mystart.incredibar.com. Usually, that's not the only unpleasant activity caused by this browser hijacker - it also changes bookmark lists by adding various sites you have never seen before and replaces the start page to the same mystart.incredibar.com. However, the most dangerous thing discovered about Incredibar is that this program collects all information about victim's activity on the Internet, logs every visited site and sends this data out to marketing companies or the bad guys. Usually, if a program doesn't ask permission to record such information, it is not legal and can be called privacy violation.
Getting infected with Incredibar:
Incredibar toolbar can be installed with your consent by simply downloading this program on your computer. However, there are many other ways how you can get infected with this browser hijacker: Incredibar can enter your computer through spam e-mail attachments that install such programs as soon as you click on them. Another way of getting this infection on your machine is through various fake codecs or free software. Incredibar pays $1.5 per install for its affiliates. That is why it is so exploited by cyber criminals or unfair marketers. In order to prevent such intrusion, you should always pay attention to the components you install together with any free software. As a result, Incredibar slows the OS and also starts eating its memory and resources. While infected with Incredibar, all your searches will be redirected to the same mystart.incredibar.com, which is not as good as original search engines, such as Google or Bing. To stop all this annoying activity, and remove Incredibar from PC, read the following information:
How to remove Incredibar from the system?
Manual removal of Incredibar virus is a quite difficult task and you will need to get rid of this browser hijacker manually from every browser. For that, you can follow these steps:
1. Click 'Customize and control Google Chrome' icon -> go 'Tools' -> 'Extensions' -> Select 'IncrediBar" and anything what could be related to Incredibar: Incredibar Toolbar, Games EN Toolbar API Server, Incredibar Music Toolbar, Incredibar.com Helper Object, Web Assistant and similar. Remove them.
2. Click ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’. Select ‘Settings' -> ‘Manage search engine’ and choose ‘Google’, 'Bing' or other to make it your default search engine. Don't forget to remove MyStart Search.
3. Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar -> go 'Settings' and select 'Show Home' button under the 'Appearance' tab. Change the startpage.
1. Open IE -> go 'Tools' -> 'Manage Add-ons' -> 'Search Providers" -> choose 'Bing' or other search engine to make it your default web search provider. Also remove MyStart Search, Incredibar Search and anything what is related to Incredibar: Incredibar Toolbar, Games EN Toolbar API Server, Incredibar Music Toolbar, Incredibar.com Helper Object, Web Assistant and similar.
2. Go 'Tools' -> 'Internet Options' -> 'General tab' -> enter your own start page, like google.com instead of http://mystart.incredibar.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox -> go 'Tools' -> 'Add-ons' -> 'Extensions' and remove IncrediBar* toolbar. Close the window.
2. Launch Mozilla Firefox -> click on the magnifying glass -> 'Manage Search Engines...' -> click on MyStart by Incredibar, Games EN Toolbar API Server, Incredibar Music Toolbar, Incredibar.com Helper Object, Web Assistant and similar -> 'Remove' -> OK to save changes.
3. Go 'Tools' -> 'Options' -> change the homepage under the 'General' tab. Then, in the URL address bar, type about:config and click 'Enter' -> select 'I'll be careful, I promise!' -> type mystart in the 'Search' section. Now you should see the preferences that were changed by IncrediBar toolbar. Right click on every preference and select 'Reset'.
However, easier way to delete Incredibar is with a help of Automatic Spyware removal tools. For this parasite, we advise you to run SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware. Sometimes, running one program is not enough because parasites have the ability to block one or another program in order to avoid being uninstalled. So, try scanning with 2 tools at least. If it still does not help, please contact our support by phone, which is provided below.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
incredibar manual removal:
"What Incredibar related files inserted to the system depends if this software is installed separately or bundled with other programs."
Delete registry values:
%Temp%\incredibarTlbr.dll Delete files:
%UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Incredibar.lnk
Modern viruses are really hard to remove. They have random file names, random registry entries, they can immitale legal products and files.
Removal instructions sometimes can't Help to remove infection manually. Please take a look at our discussion where users like you share they experience in fighting the parasite: