What is isearch.babylon.com?
isearch.babylon.com is a website, which is mostly promoted and set as the start page or the default search engine without users' awareness. That's because it uses unfair marketing strategy and closely relies on bundling. This distribution method can't be imagined without freeware and shareware where this browser hijacker or a potentially unwanted program is presented as optional component. Beware that after installing isearch.babylon.com you may allow it to modify some part of your computer's settings. In most of the cases, it takes over the start page and the default search engine on each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers. After doing this, isearch.babylon.com seeks to redirect its victims to affiliate or somehow related websites. Typically, it does that by displaying altered search results for its victims or interrupting them with commercial pop-up ads.
So, when having isearch.babylon.com hijacker on the system, you can notice that your default search engine and the start page was altered without your knowledge. In addition, you may receive fake search results when using it for your search sessions that may trick you into visiting unknown places. Here, we must warn you that from the first sight this page looks like a normal search engine, which contains a search box and other components that are needed for such programs. However, we do not recommend using it for your search sessions because it mostly gives altered search results. Besides, similarly to Babylon Toolbar, Delta-homes.com and other hijackers, this search engine may track your browsing habits. In most of the cases, such programs are interested in people's mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them, their PCs' IP address, location and so on. If you have been suffering from isearch.babylon.com redirects and other issues, you should scan your computer with updated anti-spyware and remove this browser hijacker from the system. For that we recommend you Reimage or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.
How can isearch.babylon.com hijack my computer?
isearch.babylon.com redirects are usually initiated when this hijacker gets inside the system. Typically, this may happen after downloading insecure software from unknown sources. In order to avoid it, the main thing that you have to remember is that this search engine has been spread with a help of bundling. In order to install only what you really need, you should start monitoring installation of every freeware. For that we highly recommend selecting only Custom or Advanced installation option and then uncheck all suspicious check marks. If this browser hijacker gets inside, it alters settings on all Internet browsers including IE, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Besides, it may try to change home page and search engine to its own page. To sum up, we can't claim that this search engine is malicious but it clearly uses intrusive distribution method and may show altered search results. If you haven't installed it or set it as your homepage, you should check your PC for the browser hijacker.
HOW TO REMOVE isearch.babylon.com VIRUS?
In order to remove isearch.babylon.com browser hijacker, you should follow these steps:
You can remove isearch.babylon.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove isearch.babylon.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove isearch.babylon.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove isearch.babylon.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove isearch.babylon.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove isearch.babylon.com from Safari
Remove isearch.babylon.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove isearch.babylon.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for isearch.babylon.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove isearch.babylon.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for isearch.babylon.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove isearch.babylon.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for isearch.babylon.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete isearch.babylon.com removal.
Remove isearch.babylon.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select isearch.babylon.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete isearch.babylon.com removal.
Remove isearch.babylon.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select isearch.babylon.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete isearch.babylon.com removal.
Remove isearch.babylon.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for isearch.babylon.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by isearch.babylon.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete isearch.babylon.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on isearch.babylon.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.