What is Linkbucks.com?
Linkbucks.com is a social advertising network, which can be used for showing commercial content while people are browsing on the web. However, it has been applied not only for harmless activities, such as showing useful content while people are browsing on the web. Beware that this program has also been applied by hackers for causing their own pop-up ads and notifications. Beware that the most of such ads claim that user's programs are out of date. You may be informed that you need to download Java, Flash Player, FLV Player and similar programs. Please, stay away from update now button because it seeks the only thing - to mislead you and to infect your PC with adwares, browser hijackers and similar suspicious programs that can also be found as PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). Besides, if Linkbucks.com ads have been following you while you were searching the web, you should also think about scanning your computer with updated anti-spyware. That's because there is a huge possibility that your computer is already affected by adware-type program. Such programs have been spread in a bundle with free downloads. If you haven't been monitoring their installation, there is no surprise that one of them is hiding in your PC.
To sum up, Linkbucks.com is not a virus. However, it has been misused by cyber criminals for showing misleading content. Besides, it is related to adware-type programs that are capable of hijacking all of web browsers and may even be used for tracking PC users and their browsing activity. If you have been suffering from Linkbucks.com ads, you should use a guide below or simply run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware. In this particular case, you can use SpyHunter.
How can linkbucks.com hijack my computer?
Linkbucks.com adware can be downloaded from the Internet in a bundle with freeware and shareware. Similarly to browser hijackers and other PUPs, it is presented as a useful part of the freeware that can be prevented only after selecting Custom or Advanced installation method. So, make sure that you select one of them when downloading your next download. Otherwise, you may discover that your computer is packed with various free additions that are capable of tracking you and causing annoying ads during your browsing. In order to prevent infiltration of Linkbucks.com-related adware or similar threats, you should use the tips that has already been mentioned in this post and choose Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. If you think that it has already infiltrated your machine, you should think about fixing all of your web browsers because it may start causing continuous redirections on all of your web browsers. In fact, Linkbucks redirects could not be the only thing that are initiated by this virus. It may also try to trick you into altering your default search engine or the homepage, may display commercial pop-up ads or may also make you to install other potentially unwanted programs on the system.
How to remove linkbucks.com virus?
It's not hard to get rid of linkbucks.com redirections. For that you should use this guide:
You can remove Linkbucks.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Linkbucks.com virus Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Linkbucks.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Linkbucks.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Linkbucks.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Linkbucks.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Linkbucks.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Linkbucks.com removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Linkbucks.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Linkbucks.com removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Linkbucks.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Linkbucks.com removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Linkbucks.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Linkbucks.com removal process.
Step 3: Complete Linkbucks.com virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Linkbucks.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.