Linkbucks.com is a social advertising network, which let’s webmasters earn money from commercial pop-up ads and notifications. It was founded in 2005 and it is a legitimate social advertising network. However, no matter that there’s nothing wrong with the page itself, its advertisers have sometimes been misusing their tools. First of all, they have been spreading their web browser plugins (that are used to display ads within web browsers) with a help of unfair techniques. In most of the cases, they have been relying on freeware and shareware, so they have tricked hundreds of PC users worldwide. Secondly, they have been displaying LinkBucks links whereever and whenever they want and have clearly earned lots of money from that. If you noticed these ads and similar problems, you should follow a guide at the end of this post and remove this hijacker.
How can linkbucks.com virus infiltrate my computer?
Such infections like browser hijackers are typically spread with a help of freeware and shareware. As a rule, such programs are filled with various free additions because their creators seek to earn some easy money. In order to prevent infiltration of Linkbucks.com plugin or similar threats, you should always choose Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. If it gets inside the system, Linkbucks.com hiajcks web browsers and starts continuous redirections on all web browsers. In fact, Linkbucks redirects could not be the only thing that are initiated by this virus. It may also try to trick you into altering your default search engine or homepage, display commercial pop-up ads or make you install other potentially unwanted programs on the system.
How to remove linkbucks.com virus?
The parasite behind linkbucks.com redirection might be different in several cases, so we would recommend using a reputable and legitimate anti-spyware, such as SpyHunter or STOPzilla to clean your PC completely. Once you finish a scan, follow these instructions:
- Uninstall potentially unwanted programs from your computer:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for LinkBucks and other unknown entries
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
For more information about parasites that can cause redirections on your PC, read this article: “What to do when Google/Yahoo/Bing results are redirecting?”
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for Linkbucks.com virus removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Linkbucks.com virus are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Linkbucks.com virus right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.