What is Globososo?
Owned by Kingtale Technology Inc., Globososo should be called nothing else but the browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program, so you should always think twice before installing it on your PC system. We say so because it may easily modify your system and may also initiate browser's redirections to unwanted websites when inside it. Mostly, people download this program in a bundle with freeware and shareware, so the most of them have no idea where Globososo virus came from. After that, this hijacker may easily hijack each of web browsers and then may set globososo.com or search.globososo.com website as a start page or defualt search engine. As a result, you may start dealing with continuous redirects to unknown websites, annoying pop-up ads, slow downs and other inconveniences. Besides, this site has also been reported for tracking users' browsing habits on the Internet. Keep in mind that it can easily know what terms you use for your searches, what sites are your favorite ones, what data you enter when visiting them, even your email address, PC's IP address and location. While we haven't been informed about sharing this data with fraudulent third parties, we can't guarantee that it won't happen in the future. Besides, such search sites may easily return forged search results that may be filled with paid ads and predetermined websites in the first place.
As we know, globososo.com or search.globososo.com sites are not fraudulent, but they are clearly used to make people forget about Google, Bing. That's why they rely on use suspicious activities. If you have already started noticing unwanted redirections to globososo.com or search.globososo.com, it means that your PC has been affected by browser hijacker. Please, do NOT waste your time in this case and check your computer with a reputable anti-spyware. SpyHunter is one of those tools that can be used for the removal of Globososo virus.
HOW CAN Globososo hijack my computer?
Globososo virus is distributed via spam and hacked or illegal websites. Besides, malware and rogue anti-spyware can also cause such viruses on your computer. As soon as it gets inside, it doesn't sit still there. Globososo virus modifies some of computer's parameters and affects all the browsers without any permission asked. Besides, it may install Globososo toolbar and similar adware on your computer, and set globososo.com your start page and/or default search engine. If you see these changes on your computer, you should never ignore them because they show that PC is infected with virus. No matter that browser hijackers don't have malicious code inside, they may redirect you to illegal sites that may infect your PC with malware or browser hijacker.
HOW can I remove Globososo virus?
When having Globososo.com on your computer, you should remember that it may show you altered search results that can easily be filled with links to malicious websites. For avoiding redirects to unknown places, you should run a full system scan with updated anti-spyware. Try using these tools that are listed below or follow our manual removal steps:
You can remove Globososo automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Globososo virus Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Globososo and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Globososo from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Globososo from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Globososo or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Globososo from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Globososo or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Globososo from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Globososo from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Globososo from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Globososo and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Globososo removal.
Remove Globososo from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Globososo and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Globososo removal.
Remove Globososo from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Globososo and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Globososo removal.
Remove Globososo from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Globososo or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Globososo, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Globososo removal process.
Step 4: Complete Globososo virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Globososo registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.