Search.yac.mx is not a virus or malware. However, no matter that it doesn't harm computers, 2spyware security experts still recommend avoiding this search engine. The main thing that bothers us is its distribution method. Usually, people are tricked into downloading Search.yac.mx on their computers without receiving a clear notification about that. Once it gets inside the system, this search engine takes over the start page and default search engine on all web browsers that are installed on the system. If you noticed Search.yac.mx on your machine without downloading it there and you want to get rid of it, read a guide at the end of this post.
HOW CAN Search.yac.mx APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
Search.yac.mx is typically propagated with a help of freeware and shareware. In most of the cases, it shows up on computers after installing YAC Software (Yet Another Cleaner), which is presented as anti-virus. However, you can also download Search.yac.mx in a bundle with other free applications. If you want to avoid such programs, you should always keep an eye on the installation process of the freeware and uncheck all check boxes that agree to change the start page, install additional programs and offer similar things. If you missed this check mark and allowed Search.yac.mx to change your homepage or default search engine, you can remove it with a help of this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Search.yac.mx?
If you discovered Search.yac.mx on your computer and you want to remove it from there, we recommend using these instructions:
Remove Search.yac.mx entry via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search.yac.mx and similar unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, remove the add-on from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’.
- Here, look for Search.yac.mx and similar entries, and click 'uninstall'.
- Once you remove it, change your start page.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’.
- Find Search.yac.mx and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- After that, change the start page.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select Tools -> Extensions.
- Here, look for Search.yac.mx extension and get rid of it by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Don't forget to change start page.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use
QR code for Search.yac.mx removal instructions:
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Search.yac.mx are really hard to remove on infected computer.
you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Search.yac.mx right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.