What is Search.yac.mx?
Search.yac.mx is not a virus or malware. However, no matter that it doesn't steal personal information, which is kept on the system, or doesn't spread viruses, it may lead your computer to some issues. According to 2spyware security experts, you should try to avoid this search engine because it may show you altered search results that may be filled with questionable links. After clicking them, you may be redirected to unknown websites that mostly rely on such service for trying to increase their page rank or sales. However, there is no guarantee that Search.yac.mx redirects won't trick you into visiting a suspcious site that is filled with really questionable content. Nevertheless, the main thing that bothers us is the distribution method of this search site. Usually, people are tricked into downloading Search.yac.mx hijacker to their computers without receiving a clear notification about that. That's because it is actively spread using bundling. For avoiding that, you should pay more attention to the next paragraph of this post.
If Search.yac.mx gets inside its target PC system, this search engine may easily hijack each of your web browsers, including IE, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. In addition, it may alter the start page and the default search engine on each of these web browsers and then lead you to continuous redirects to its affiliate websites. If you have already noticed Search.yac.mx on your machine and you know that you have never downloaded it there, you should think about the removal of this questionable search engine. If you want to get rid of it without a trouble, you should download a reputable anti-spyware, update it and run a full system scan. In this case, we highly recommend using STOPzilla. For more information about Search.yac.mx prevention you should read a paragrapg, which is given below.
HOW CAN Search.yac.mx hijack MY COMPUTER?
Search.yac.mx can be downloaded to the system just like any other search engine. Nevertheless, in most of the cases it is propagated with a help of freeware and shareware. Beware that can easily show up on your computer after installing YAC (can also be found as Yet Another Cleaner) that is mostly presented as a powerful anti-virus. However, you should be very careful with this program because its trustworthiness hasn't been approved yet. Its developers are clearly using illegal techniques when organizing its work, so you should think twice before downloading it. Besides, you can also download Search.yac.mx in a bundle with other free applications. If you want to avoid such programs, you should always keep an eye on the installation process of the freeware and uncheck all check boxes that agree to change the start page, install additional programs and offer similar things. For that we recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation. If you missed this check mark and allowed Search.yac.mx to change your homepage or default search engine, you can remove it with a help of this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Search.yac.mx?
If you discovered Search.yac.mx on your computer and you want to remove it from there, we recommend using these instructions:
You can remove Search.yac.mx automatically with a help of one of these programs: STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Search.yac.mx from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Search.yac.mx from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Search.yac.mx from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Search.yac.mx from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Search.yac.mx from Safari
Remove Search.yac.mx from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Search.yac.mx from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search.yac.mx or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search.yac.mx from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Search.yac.mx or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Search.yac.mx from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Search.yac.mx and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Search.yac.mx removal.
Remove Search.yac.mx from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.yac.mx and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Search.yac.mx removal.
Remove Search.yac.mx from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Search.yac.mx and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Search.yac.mx removal.
Remove Search.yac.mx from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Search.yac.mx or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Search.yac.mx, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Search.yac.mx removal process.
Complete Search.yac.mx removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Search.yac.mx registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Search.yac.mx
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.