Search.yac.mx is not a virus or malware. However, no matter that it doesn't harm computers, 2spyware security experts still recommend avoiding this search engine. The main thing that bothers us is its distribution method. Usually, people are tricked into downloading Search.yac.mx on their computers without receiving a clear notification about that. Once it gets inside the system, this search engine hijacks the start page and default search engine on all web browsers that are installed on it. If you noticed Search.yac.mx on your machine without downloading it there and you want to get rid of it, read a guide at the end of this post.
HOW CAN Search.yac.mx APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
Search.yac.mx is typically propagated with a help of freeware and shareware. In most of the cases, it shows up on computers after installing YAC Software (Yet Another Cleaner), which is presented as anti-virus. However, you can also download Search.yac.mx in a bundle with other free applications. If you want to avoid such programs, you should always keep an eye on the installation process of the freeware and uncheck all check boxes that agree to change the start page, install additional programs and offer similar things. For that we recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation. If you missed this check mark and allowed Search.yac.mx to change your homepage or default search engine, you can remove it with a help of this guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Search.yac.mx?
If you discovered Search.yac.mx on your computer and you want to remove it from there, we recommend using these instructions:
Remove Search.yac.mx entry via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Search.yac.mx and similar unknown entries.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, reset your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
Finally, scan the system with SpyHunter or STOPzilla to make sure that your computer is free of potentially unwanted programs like this one.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use