What is WebCake?
WebCake is a potentially unwanted program from WebCake LLC. No matter how its developer promotes this application, you should be very careful with it because it is not as useful as it may seem from the first sight. Officially, it claims that it is capable of enhancing people's browsing experience by showing the best offers, information about discounts, coupons and similar things while they are visiting shopping sites. Nevertheless, we have to warn you that you should be very careful with these ads because they may trick you into visiting suspicious and sometimes very unsafe websites. Besides, Web Cake has been included to the list of potentially unwanted programs and adwares because this program may cause unwanted redirections during your search sessions. If you don't want to let WebCake ads redirect you to unknown, questionable and even unsafe sites, you should ignore its ads. Finally, not everyone knows that this program may start tracking its victim. In most of the cases, it is interested in people's search terms, mostly visited websites and data that they enter when visiting them. While this information is called 'non-personally identifiable', you shouldn't reveal it to unknown third parties. T sum up, WebCake virus may cause more inconveniences than benefits to its users because it may start showing only continuous alerts on all of their web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. Besides, it can easily change the start page, default search engine and other settings without your knowledge. While it doesn't has a malicious code like malware or rogue anti-spyware, we don't recommend leaving WebCake on your computer. For its removal we highly recommend using Reimage or other reputable anti-spyware.
How can WebCake hijack my computer?
As we have said, WebCake is a potentially unwanted program and an adware, so there is no surprise that it may enter your computer not only after you decide to download it manually from its official website. It can also get on its target PC system without any permission asked because it has been actively spread in a bundle with freeware, shareware and similar applications. Usually, you can prevent this infiltration by keeping an eye on every installation window of the software that you want to install, so you should select only Custom or Advanced installation option and then uncheck checkboxes saying that you want to install optional components. These components could be various browser add-ons, plugins, toolbars, extensions, etc. If Web Cake virus enters its target PC system, it embeds its code into each of your Internet browsers and starts interrupting its victims with constant pop-up ads. Note that such programs are created NOT for showing the greatest deals for you. They can also be used to track your browsing habits and collect information about the user. If you are bored by constant pop-up ads and commercial notifications from WebCake, you should uninstall this app without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE WebCake virus?
When trying to remove WebCake, you should uninstall it firstly through Add/Remove Programs list at first. For that, use these steps:
You can remove WebCake automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove WebCake from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove WebCake from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove WebCake from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove WebCake from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove WebCake from Safari
Remove WebCake from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove WebCake from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WebCake or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove WebCake from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for WebCake or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove WebCake from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for WebCake and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete WebCake removal.
Remove WebCake from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select WebCake and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete WebCake removal.
Remove WebCake from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select WebCake and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete WebCake removal.
Remove WebCake from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for WebCake or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete WebCake removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of WebCake
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on WebCake
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.